Found a Marantz 2275 just 5 min away

Audio Fan

YT Channel - https://tinyurl.com/29zytwu9
I live beyond BFE, so when I actually find something only 5 minutes away, that is quite astounding.

A fella had his AC go on the fritz in our recent heat wave, so was anxious to get it sold quickly. Works great, just needs a little deoxit bath on the controls. I recently decided to add a nice example of each major manufacturer as I try to complete my overall goal of getting the largest of each Sansui model line. This one fits that bill nicely.

IMG_1981.jpgIMG_1982.jpgIMG_1983.jpg

Doesn't look like it powers up. Are all the bulbs dead or the bulb fuse...

Or should I just ask for pics of the unit lit up?

Happy for your gain. That sure beats typing the opposite which I do to much with folks missing stuff, killing stuff or items just dying.

Lights up just fine, after I get it spit shined a little, I'll get some better pics with the lights on for your viewing pleasure.

Unless you live a large urban area, it's always a welcome surprise when you score a good piece of gear close by.
Congrats!

Had a TOTL Kenwood five minutes down the road from me. Solid price and a retired AF who was downsizing. Just didn't tickle me right so the guy behind me got it.
As for downsizings somethingI don't yet understand but who knows. Maybe I will.
Congrats Audio Fan hope it treats you right.

It seems to be raining 2275s; I just picked one up this evening (along with a nice Garrard Zero 100).

There I was, soaking in the tub and scrolling thru facebook, and I saw "Stereo Receiver $40" in Marketplace. Messaged him immediately, let him know he'd get more offers and I'd make it good and come immediately. We agreed on a price, and he turned down several others as I drove over :). I passed on some BIC Venturi 6s with no grilles.

it passed a dim bulb test, and the relay clicks. Ordered soft white LEDs.

Last edited:
Nice pickup, especially since the seller turned down other offers after agreeing on a price. Yours have the wood case?

No case, but they're around. He ran his own business, and a house three blocks from the beach, so money was less of an issue than integrity. First offer, let him know it was underpriced but I'd make good, and being immediate was the key.

2!

Get one restored and you’ll never find anything better unless you go big vintage McIntosh.

Trust me.

Two, but on opposite ends of the country by different AKers! :p

Unless jberger was planning to send me his find. lol

Back
Top Bottom