Found a pair of MC-1201's in a pawnshop...

CruzBay

Was waiting on some Pho take-out that I ordered, went into a pawnshop next to the place.

Expecting the usual litany of often stolen low grade audio (it was there) but to find near the back- a pair of MC-1201's in really good shape.

Not all that interested in them, as I've got a marriage I'm keen on, I asked the price; $6500 for the pair.

That is all...

Mike

Yikes!! If that was local I'd be yanking out the plastic and looking over my shoulder at the same time. That is a "steal"

What is the going rate on these anyway?

I could find none on the [reference] auction site.

So did anyone go after these? If they weren't a half-continent away from me I wouldn't be asking that question.

Oh believe me I've thought about it lol. I'd need a lot more to go on though. 1201's are numero uno on my wish list.

I'll go back and check, if there's that much price discrepancy. I probably assumed pair, he possibly meant each. His english was ok, but conversational. Those pawnshop guys have Orion Blue Books too, so I'm probably wrong.

Pawn shops are about turning a buck. You might get lucky with 6500 bucks for two. Not all pawns sell on auction sites.

Pawn shops are about turning a buck. You might get lucky with 6500 bucks for two. Not all pawns sell on auction sites.

They're in the business of making money.

Those I've dealt with have typically been high on their prices, not low, until something has been on the shelf like forever, then they price about right. Again, only my experience.

I'd be surprised if the price was $6,500 each frankly. Pawn shops typically price items to sell quickly, not full market retail.

Of course anything's possible but $13K just seems an awfully high expectation for a pawn shop for something that would retail for that much from a trusted & established McIntosh seller...

Back
Top Bottom