Found a pair of MC-1201's in a pawnshop...

They're in the business of making money.

Those I've dealt with have typically been high on their prices, not low, until something has been on the shelf like forever, then they price about right. Again, only my experience.

I'd be surprised if the price was $6,500 each frankly. Pawn shops typically price items to sell quickly, not full market retail.

Of course anything's possible but $13K just seems an awfully high expectation for a pawn shop for something that would retail for that much from a trusted & established McIntosh seller...

The pawn shops around here seem to be right at retail for ratty looking tools, media, and firearms. :dunno:

Money talks. ;)

It sure does. You can have it for whatever it's listed for, around here, anyway.

Not saying don't ask/don't try, but at that level they've done some research before taking them in and know what they're worth.

Last edited:
It sure does. You can have it for whatever it's listed for, around here, anyway.

Or less... in some cases, considerably less - depending on how motivated the seller and asking is not getting.

Even advertised nationally, $13K is going to be a challenge for the merchandise in question from an unknown seller, in a presumably "as-is" sale, IMHO.

In any case, it would probably be best to wait for a price confirmation before speculating further.

Last edited:
Or less... in some cases, considerably less - depending on how motivated the seller and asking is not getting.

Even advertised nationally, $13K is going to be a challenge for the merchandise in question from an unknown seller, in a presumably "as-is" sale, IMHO.

In any case, we should wait for a price confirmation first.

FWIW, around here the Pawn shops typically do give a short limited warranty, but it's usually just store credit back to weed out people looking for free "rentals".

And, yeah, on the price $6500 would be a great deal if that was for a pair. Heck, that be worth a day or two of vacation to drive over from MN. Not that I plan to, but.

Pretty odd these are in a D.C. area pawn but who knows why they need $$. Guess the OP will let us know if they are still available. And where.

I've never had a problem around here just asking "lowest cash price out the door" and gotten some great deals. Never anything close to these though. lol

Yeah, I'm on my way to D.C. Wednesday. I'd grab em' if no one here has already.
I'd keep them if I got them for that.

Back
Top Bottom