Found Any Good <$10/Bottle Wines?

Good Value Wines

Our everyday table wine is Blackstone Merlot, available for about $8/bottle - rich and robust, it is exceptional with lamb and beef.

A new red that we have just tried is Two Brothers Tatoo Red, at $5 a bottle, its a very good wine value (blend of 50% syrah & 50% cabernet) This is a VERY bold wine and may overpower subtle recipes, best with a good steak.

For a quality and inexpensive Spanish white, try Burgans Albarino - value priced at about $6/bottle, it is crisp and clean with no aftertaste.
:banana:

We replenished our table-wine stock last week and picked up a few [ yellow tail ] Australian wines and have been pretty pleased with them. Shiraz, cabernet and a shiraz/grenache blend. All for $8/bottle, have been very good.

Last edited:
Here's a twist to Under $10/bottle wine. I make my own. In the last three years, I've made a French Cabrinet, Reisling, two Chardonneys, and Merlot. All turned out very well. It doesn't cost that much as I make 5 gallons at time which equates to 24 bottles. I'd compare them to a $15 to $20/bottle. The selection of "juice" is very broad, you can get any or make fruit wines too.

The cork is dying, screw-tops rule.

They don't dry out and allow complete resealing on a partial bottle.

Some of you should get out more.

:rockon:

In the $10 realm, Two Tone Farm merlot is a winner.

CortR said:
Milla Handley was/is (haven't seen her in several years)a friend and we were her Texas distributor--along with Bonny Doon, Laurel Glen,Rosenblum, and Cline--among about three hundred others. Always like her work.
Used to ride the Saturday morning ride from the RBM with a wine distributor. Was that you?

No, unforunately, since we could have had fun discussing wine, music and audio. With both C&E and Bercut-Vandervoort my territory was west of the Mississippi. When a couple of compadres lured me with a start-up import/distribution house, they dragged my butt to Texas.
Here's a recommendatiopn, though. Berberana temperanillo (Dragon Series). Doesn't much matter what vintage; it's consistently very good. Retails here for $6.99 and is widely distributed throughout the US.

Here's some for you all to go find. Most are under 10 bucks.

Ranvenswood "Vintners Blend" zin.

Klarr Cellars Cab. Sauv. 1999, possibly later vintages too. (Food Outlet)

Carmenet 1999 Cabernet Franc ( I found this at my local Food Outlet, 7.99)

Any vintage of the Rancho Zabaco "Dancing Bull" Sauv. Blanc

Im not a fan of Chards, but this one from OZ is pretty good, Mad Fish, available at Costco.

Hmmm, I'll jump on the screw top bandwagon - By far the best vino I've had in years (within my white-trash budget) Seven Terraces, Pinot. Also from New Zealand. I cant get enough of this stuff. A great sub- $20 bottle of grapes.

-J

We're always looking for the best value in reds. Two of my favorites are

Rodney Strong Cabernet ~14
Mark West Pinot Noir ~10

Since red wine prices have gotten jacked in recent years our benchmark has been forced to rise to "best value between $10-15.

...now I gotta go pour a glass...

Cheers!

Another Bobby Kacher winner. Mas de Guiot Grenache/Syrah. Retails here for $7.99. There are two versions -- a prestige cuvee and a Vin du Pays de Gard. This is the latter. Great BBQ vino.

Liberty Creek has a very good Cabernet for under $7.00 / one and a half liters. Found most everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom