Found Highlander, Season 1 on Amazon Prime.

the skipper

Professional Curmudgeon
I loved that show. It was more than sword fights. It actually had character development and, after six seasons, you were watching friends with a unique "situation" deal with life and had some pretty interesting recurring characters (Yes, Roger Daltry, i'm talking about you) and some recurring themes which add to the texture of an series. A lot of heart and humor as well as swashbuckling made, for me, some pretty good entertainment. It was a regular recording on my VCR. That, and Babylon 5, which was the subject of another thread made the 90's liveable. Amazon Prime just might be paying for itself in other then free shipping.

highlander.jpg

FWIW, according to the Amazon website, all six seasons seem to be available on Prime. More on this when finish season 1.

Last edited:
I loved that show, too! This weekend's weather is not looking good. I may have to binge watch.

-Dave

A fun show. Loved the way the characters dressed. Lots of raincoats and trench coats to hide their swords.

Interesting... I did see where several, not all, other seasons were available on Amazon Prime. It turns out that only season 1 is free and the rest are available for about $15,.00 for the SD version which, considering when they were made, is all they had at the time. So, it's the old "First one is free" trick, eh?

Now, back to Babylon 5 for now. I haven't finished season 1 yet so I won't know if the other seasons are free untiI I finish season one.

Interesting... I did see where several, not all, other seasons were available on Amazon Prime. It turns out that only season 1 is free and the rest are available for about $15,.00 for the SD version which, considering when they were made, is all they had at the time. So, it's the old "First one is free" trick, eh?

Now, back to Babylon 5 for now. I haven't finished season 1 yet so I won't know if the other seasons are free untiI I finish season one.

Well, that sucks. Thank you, Skipper, for the investigative reporting.

-Dave

Oh a more positive note, I did find the entire series is available on Hulu. It may have commercials but at least it's there.

Same thing with The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon.

My dad used to be all about this show when I was a kid, heh I remember seeing it on TV in the 90s

I loved that show. It was more than sword fights. It actually had character development and, after six seasons, you were watching friends with a unique "situation" deal with life and had some pretty interesting recurring characters (Yes, Roger Daltry, i'm talking about you) and some recurring themes which add to the texture of an series. A lot of heart and humor as well as swashbuckling made, for me, some pretty good entertainment. It was a regular recording on my VCR. That, and Babylon 5, which was the subject of another thread made the 90's liveable. Amazon Prime just might be paying for itself in other then free shipping.

View attachment 1214036

FWIW, according to the Amazon website, all six seasons seem to be available on Prime. More on this when finish season 1.

Yes, yes - the TV show was a lot of fun for the first couple seasons ...
It was hard to find on the local channels - they moved it a lot from week to week!

OK, just finished binging this on Hulu. seasons one through six (along with The Raven) were available at no extra charge, if you don't mind commercials. Loved it although season six was a bit of a letdown after the first five. We;ll do it again in a few years if it's sill available.

Back
Top Bottom