found sherwood am-7040 amp for what seems a good price?

VINTAGCHRIS

anyone have any knowledge or opinions on this particular amp or manufacture, it can be had for 200 dollars plus shipping which seems like a deal to me for an amp with this kinda power, but i have no experience with Sherwood products any info would be appreciated.

i pulled a a search engine on it and found some good review's and some that seemed to give the impression that these might have been prone to transformer problems, but that was only on one thread that i read that.

if this is generally a good quality amp it would fit the bill perfectly for what i am looking for.

Late but necessary response . . . .

I can tell you that the Sherwood AM-7040 is an underrated amplifier.

It is a quality built piece, manufactured in Korea, and quality tested individually for both sonics and power output before being boxed. I have my individually signed test results.

Soundwise, it is amazing. Being a MOSFET amp., it is smooth and somewhat tubelike. I usually use it with the matching preamp, the AP-7020, and that is a great match. If I want more tubelike sound, I use my Yaqin tube buffer.

Powerful at 200 wpc RMS into 8 ohms and 320 wpc into 4 ohms. Weighs some 55 lbs. Heavy and well built.

Can be had relatively inexpensively these days as most do not appreciate the audio masterpiece that the 7040 in reality is.:thmbsp:

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom