Found some JBL 4313b's

my impression was that the 4313b was the last and best version of that series (4310/L100 family) ...

Sounds like a great find, kudos!
From what I've heard over the last week I think that your impression is on the mark. They are a really good speaker that certainly beats out pairs like the 4312, which are also of high quality. But the 4313b's, with that really cool and special woofer, don't go as deep as I had hoped for/expected.

Work with the room a bit, the 4313b's are some of the smoothest sounding JBL's I've heard.

Great find! You'll love 'em. They look in really good shape. Have they been repainted? Looks pretty minty. I came across a pair that took me over a couple of years of bugging a guy before he'd give me a price. He had them on Craigslist with no asking price. He finally let them go for a whopping $60! I gave him $65! I had to repair a midrange cone, undent a tweeter dust cover, refoam both woofers, and I still have to repaint mine and refinish the walnut enclosures. Speaking of paint. Has anyone ever come up with a good color match at a paint retailer for the JBL blue? I did some research on this a couple years ago, but didn't get a very good recommendation.

I've owned the 4313-b, along with 4312, at the same time. The 4313 was a better performer, IMO, the midrange and high end being more sophisticated. The LE10H is a lot tighter than the typical 12" woofers used in the other Studio Monitors. Takes awhile to get used to it.

I just finished a 2 week demo of a restored pair that a local AK'r friend has up for sale. I have never been a JBL fan but also had never heard any of studio monitor models. He did a great job on them though they were in pretty good shape to begin with because the original grilles look great still. Of course I don't like the spring terminals which made it difficult to rotate them into my main system.
They were very nice on certain music and really exposed quality of recording. On a few songs I had to pause and take note.
I did not pull the trigger on them at what I believe would be a great price. as much as they would be a great addition to my speaker collection, I can't go down another path with yet another brand. Hopefully I wont regret it later.

I just finished a 2 week demo of a restored pair that a local AK'r friend has up for sale. I have never been a JBL fan but also had never heard any of studio monitor models. He did a great job on them though they were in pretty good shape to begin with because the original grilles look great still. Of course I don't like the spring terminals which made it difficult to rotate them into my main system.
They were very nice on certain music and really exposed quality of recording. On a few songs I had to pause and take note.
I did not pull the trigger on them at what I believe would be a great price. as much as they would be a great addition to my speaker collection, I can't go down another path with yet another brand. Hopefully I wont regret it later.
I was wondering what happened with those. I would have been hard pressed to not grab them. Would have been a nice complement to my 4301b's. I would love to hear a pair some day.

Couldn't resist grabbing these. They look similar to my L110's but some quick googling reveals there might be some strong differences. Seems these are rare birds with the white woofer too. Foam is gone but all the drivers work. Grills are intact, sort of. Royal blue fabric seems mint but it has been coming unglued. I must do a search to see how to repair that without mucking it up. Want to get the foam from that guy, I think his name is Rick Cobb, who sells on the bay. Anyone recall what he calls himself there?
Those are gorgeous let us know how you like their sound once they are singing again.

Those are gorgeous let us know how you like their sound once they are singing again.
I'm listening to them right now. They are just great. My L110's are really good, but the 4313b's are just a much more balanced speaker. Put it this way: I'm selling my 4312's and my L110's. Both are great, but no match for these 4313b's. I mean no comparison.

I'm listening to them right now. They are just great. My L110's are really good, but the 4313b's are just a much more balanced speaker. Put it this way: I'm selling my 4312's and my L110's. Both are great, but no match for these 4313b's. I mean no comparison.
Wow, though not surprised based on all the very positive comments I've read about these. I'm packed with speakers, but these are not a pair I would pass up if the opportunity and price were good.
Let's see your setup!
Cheers, Glenn

Back
Top Bottom