Found this inside a JBL cabinet

Jer

I dug out these L26s that I picked up a few years ago. They're ready for foams.

I remember when I was unloading them right after I bought them there was something loose in one.

It wasn't until now that I opened the box and found my new Swedish wood chisel.

Attachments

• IMG_4061.JPG
    IMG_4061.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_4052.JPG
    IMG_4052.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_4060.JPG
    IMG_4060.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 417
It wasn't until now that I opened the box and found my new Swedish wood chisel.

Haha, you never know what you are going to find in some of these cabinets, a couple of rolls of cash would be nice but l guess a chisel will do. As NAD80 said, luckily it didn't cause any damage.

BTW Jer l like your dog!

Reactions: Jer
LOL.. now that's different. Wondering what the heck that would be inside for? I'm still waiting to pick up a pair of speakers at the thrift and find them to be packed full of $100.00 bills like some fellow found in a television set at the electronic recyclers: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/100-000-found-inside-old-tv-at-ontario-recycling-plant-1.3287497

I think the same thing every time I open up old gear. Ever since I heard the true story of the guy who found $37,000 in a vintage tube TV set.

I thought for sure theee was a cool or crossover flopping around in there.

I'll take the chisel over the dope every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Wonder what someone was doing with that chisel that ended up inside the speaker. Jer , welcome to AK. One thing is we got the point with that chisel.

If a speaker has a front facing port (depending on the port) and children or grandchildren are involved, finding random things in a speaker is not totally uncommon.

I have found Hot Wheels, toy soldiers, pens, pencils and so on.

If a speaker has a front facing port (depending on the port) and children or grandchildren are involved, finding random things in a speaker is not totally uncommon.

I have found Hot Wheels, toy soldiers, pens, pencils and so on.

Hah hah this ^ As a father of four once-very-young children I have had to retrieve all kind of items from the front port of many speakers.....

And just how did you make that determination? ;)

Actually I asked the previous owner what it was and if he wanted it back. He got a good laugh out of it and said "that was the old me, I must have stashed that in there in the early 80's. Just go ahead and chuck it". I'm sure many people stashed their weed and such in those ports. Almost all of my speakers have been acoustic suspension growing up so I had to come up with someplace else back then. :smoke:

That's where I left it ! Im going to go look in my speakers that I haven't sold for the other three ... but not before I have another drink.

Maybe, just maybe, they were using the speakers in a home theatre setup. Watching Gangs Of New York, of course. Now, if you was calling us chiselers......

Back
Top Bottom