Frankenstein build.

Bubbles

So as I've stated before I work in a recycling center that collects end of life electronics. This a mix of random stuff I've been "rescuing" from destruction.
My living room set up is as follows:

Marantz Model 2220b Stereo Receiver
Denon CD player DCD800 (Bought at value village for 20$)
Pioneer Elite Speakers CS-J600E

I've been listen to my CD collection and have my phone hooked up through the Aux and am really liking it. I've been using the speakers with a Yamaha receiver I got in another room but I think I like this set up much better.

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_200002.jpg
    IMG_20180917_200002.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 101
So as I've stated before I work in a recycling center that collects end of life electronics. This a mix of random stuff I've been "rescuing" from destruction.

I've been listen to my CD collection and have my phone hooked up through the Aux and am really liking it. I've been using the speakers with a Yamaha receiver I got in another room but I think I like this set up much better.
Is it all vintage? What do speaker look like are they better then Andrew Jones. The newest pioneers?

I also have the 2220b that I use as kind of a secondary system and a kind of retro art piece. It is connected to a Yamaha WXC-50, so it gets all the modern formats one way or another.

I like its warmer sound, so I am not surprised you like it.

The phenomenon of "end of life" is a sad comment on the state of affairs of our disposable society, especially since it doesn't mean that the components has ceased to work, it's that the owner has determined that it's obsolete. While I can see definitely see that in the case of computers (although I happily use equipment that's several years old), stereo equipment is not obsolete as long as it still functions to spec. Well, maybe cassette decks, but vintage turntables, CD players and electronics should be happily used for many more years until their cost of repair exceed their replacement value.

Now get off my lawn.

Is it all vintage? What do speaker look like are they better then Andrew Jones. The newest pioneers?

The receiver is from the early 70's I think, the CD player is from the late 80's and the speakers are from the late 90's mabey early 2000's.

The receiver is from the early 70's I think, the CD player is from the late 80's and the speakers are from the late 90's mabey early 2000's.
Nice I guessed that’s vintage since it’s 2018.
Shame so many people trash & destroy vintage gear due to there idea it is obsolete. Ends up donated to thrift store who sometimes just toss it . The one near me market stuff up probably over its original price went out of business, heart ville goodwill tosses $10000s of dollars electronics I had a seasonal job there once . Never going back to a thrift store to work plus my knees are too bad.
I saved old towers once but they marked them higher then I would pay .
They had a mentally handicapped guy who just threw out everything that was electronics!!!!

Back
Top Bottom