Frazier Dixielanders

quadaptor

Does anybody have much experience with Frazier Dixielander speakers? I just recently discovered them and am on a quest to locate a pair for restoration. I have a pair of Heresey Is, and only dabbled in other Klipsh speakers. Do the Dixielanders compare in anyway to any of the Klipsh offerings? Many thanks!

Jack Frazier was one of the very few designers who PWK was impressed with and called a friend. The is a Frazier user group over at the Klipsch forum. Lots of users there. Best regards Moray James.

Jack Frazier was one of the very few designers who PWK was impressed with and called a friend. The is a Frazier user group over at the Klipsch forum. Lots of users there. Best regards Moray James.

I believe the FUG thread was done away with and they are on facebook now. Or at least that is where they converse now.

Just went to the Klipsch Community and could not find it. Maybe someone could post a link for luddites like me.

Wow, found it under Two Channel Stereo. Its a single 196 page long thread of unbroken consciousness. Not to user friendly.

I have a single Frazier Dixielander that I purchased in a marginal area in San Francisco. It is painted several different vibrant colors. I posted here when I purchased it. I have not fired it up yet. I will add a link, shortly, to my post which included pictures.

Here we go: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=559247

This caused the wife to raise her eyebrow. Would like to locate its long lost mate. (speaker that is)

Last edited:
I don't know if you're going to find its mate. From the looks of things it may have gone trippin' with the Greatful Dead back in the Summer of Love! Thanks for the link.

PM Doucanoe or Redboy or maybe they will check in. Both had some fabulous sounding Dixielander set ups.

Thanks,
Andy

Look at that bass bin again. It is a folded horn design with helmholtz resonators. It is actually a fairly complex (and heavy) speaker cabinet. I actually had a pair nailed down on Craigslist, but another guy wanted them who lived much closer. He and I stayed in contact for a little while. He picked up the Fraziers from the woman who was selling them ($100). He said they reeked of cat pee, but he was into fully restoring them. We fell out of touch - I wonder how he made out with them?

If you bothered reading the 196 page thread, you would have lots of answers instead of questions.

"Not user friendly" also is a code phrase for I don't want to work more than five minutes. It will take you as many days to find good Dixielanders as it will take you minutes to read that thread. Get started. It will pay off in spades.

Well thanks for the advice and the friendly mind reading, but laziness was not the issue. Perhaps you might avail us as to why all the information is strung into one humongous thread. I appreciate your advice but can you be a bit more positive, or at least diplomatic, in your next discourse?

Last edited:
If you bothered reading the 196 page thread, you would have lots of answers instead of questions.

"Not user friendly" also is a code phrase for I don't want to work more than five minutes. It will take you as many days to find good Dixielanders as it will take you minutes to read that thread. Get started. It will pay off in spades.
No attitude there.:scratch2:

If you open the 196 page thread first, then do a search for "dixielander", you will find 105 posts that have that word in it. That way, you don't have to read about every speaker every poster has ever owned.:thmbsp:

What's wrong with Sheltie Dave's post? Seems forthright honest and very much to the point in my opinion. Then you respond with a polite request for him to be more diplomatic. You don't bother to ask a specific question but you do have the time and energy to admonish Dave for not treating you with the appropriate respect that you feel you deserve. Read the thread think about it and formulate any questions that you may have which are based upon what you read. I would expect that any questions you may have then will result in meaningful responses upon which some useful discourse can develop. Best regards Moray James.

Back
Top Bottom