Frazier ID

pa4theking

Looking for some help identifying a set of Frazier speakers. The boxes look like Super Texans, they have an eight inch speaker and Altec Lancing 802d horn driver mounted on top. They have a screw type jack and a gain or tone control knob. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible ...thanks for the help. DSCF9874.JPG DSCF9882.JPG DSCF9864.JPG DSCF9884.JPG DSCF9881.JPG The Frazier numbers are 7163 - 7164 the boxes are 22 x 34 x 32.5 w/horn

Here you go! Don't be concerned with the Frazier/Altec horn combo, it's common.Frazier PRO 4.jpg

Not Super Texan, they would be loaded with 12 inch EV woofers.

The Altec driver was almost certainly added later.

Altec drivers in Fraziers are very uncommon. AFAIK, Frazier would never spend the coin for an 802, he used 806's and they will be painted Frazier blue.

post-58124-0-16340000-1433556765.jpg

The most common was Atlas SA-333 i think.

Some early Fraziers used Altec 806's, i have even seen real early dixielanders with frazier blue 806's on them.

That's an 806 in the X-15 i posted above.

Last edited:
I agree with the above poster that says that woofer looks like a Utah.

What are the dimensions of your cabinets?

I wonder if they are a predecessor to the Super Texan, a "Texan" perhaps?

So 2-1/2 inches narrower than the Super Texan, but otherwise the same dimensions.

I'm going with whatever came before, or evolved into the ST, or an "early" Super Texan.

I did not mean to imply Frazier loaded their horns with ALTEC drivers at the factory, only that ALTEC drivers were used as replacements in the field.

I did not mean to imply Frazier loaded their horns with ALTEC drivers at the factory, only that ALTEC drivers were used as replacements in the field.
But, they did. Early on, and not in large numbers, but there are indeed factory Frazier blue Altec drivers out there.

Back
Top Bottom