Frazier Mark V - Total noob speaker health check up.

DahaiTX

Hey there, everyone
Total noob here, picked up a pair of Frazier Mark V's for a $150, loving the sound so far. From my recent discovery, I found one of the tweeters (the Motorola 1500 Piezo tweeter) is not working. So I decided to start a little DIY project to open these speakers up and find out what's going on. Additionally, I heard it is best to change out the capacitors, this sure will be interesting. Here I ask for any help, or suggestions, hopefully I will make this entertaining for everyone. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 33
First, I suggest Audyn Q4 capacitors from Parts Express. I use them in my Frazier's, (2 pair). Find an exact replacement for the Piezo. From what I've read, Frazier used a specific Piezo for their speakers.

First, I suggest Audyn Q4 capacitors from Parts Express. I use them in my Frazier's, (2 pair). Find an exact replacement for the Piezo. From what I've read, Frazier used a specific Piezo for their speakers.
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely look into the capacitors. As for the Piezo tweeters, I will find out the model number When I open up the speaker. I wonder if I should get a pair of replace both of them at the same time. From what I read online it seems that these original Piezo tweeter go bad often...is there any upgrade option?

To see if its the speaker or the crossover, you could just swap the tweeters .
Good idea! I was going to use multimeter to test it.
I should receive the tools from amazon today, so I will most likely open it up tonight and find out.
A friend mentioned it is also possible that the wire connection behind the tweeter broke apart, it is a known thing with these Fraziers.

Back
Top Bottom