Frazier Model 11 find

RS Steve

Tube Junkie
Subscriber
These are supposed to be the holy grail of Frazier speakers, (model 11's) I understand there were only 15 pair made and that Elvis had one of the sets.
I received a call from someone out of state that heard from a friend that I have a Frazier collection, and might be interested. He is sending pictures soon and I will decide one way or another. He said he has no problem delivering them (1500 miles) if I split the fuel, should be interesting to say the least. These things are mosters, just what I need, more speakers. :no:

Last edited:
I'm still trying to get the deal done, but in the mean time I have found out a little more information about these monster Frazier speakers.

I understand that the Model 11's were built to compete with the Klipschorn speakers, in a apples to apples test the Klipschorns barely won on the db meter but most people that were there prefered the 11's.

If only 15 pair were produced finding much in the way of opinions about their
sound will be a tough one.

If the price and condition are reasonable I would go for it.

Don't let any monkeys touch these unless you want to get whacked with a bone! ;)

Mmm, what's the deal with using a 15" and a 12" in the same bass enclosure and on what I can only assume to be the same crossover leg?

az

Don't let any monkeys touch these unless you want to get whacked with a bone! ;)

Mmm, what's the deal with using a 15" and a 12" in the same bass enclosure and on what I can only assume to be the same crossover leg?

az

Jack Frazier kept most of the technical stuff to himself, he shared alot of ideas and build designs with Paul Klipsch though. He was one of the few people that Mr Klipsch would talk with about designs. I guess they both respected and admired each others work. When Jack Frazier passed away there were very few documents that were around to continue his designs.
These are things I have learned from the Frazier thread at the Klipsch forum, there are a couple former Frazier workers that post there.

I have talked with a few people that have the 11's and say they are something special, I hope to grab them and see how they sound for myself. I have Frazier model 7's, Mk.IV's, and Concerto's already, they are some very good sounding speakers.

I'm probably going to get in trouble with other Frazier collectors, :scratch2: we are supposed to keep the Frazier line a secret so the prices stay low. :D :dunno:

nice find, i hope you get them...when and if you do i will expect a complete review!
I have a pair of Sevens, mark IV's, and midgets, and they are all special.

I'm probably going to get in trouble with other Frazier collectors, :scratch2: we are supposed to keep the Frazier line a secret so the prices stay low. :D :dunno:

Name-dropping Elvis alone probably up'ed the average price on Frazier anything by 100$ for any seller fishing for info reading this... :D

az

I know this is a old thread but I wanted to add when I was in college a guy in one of my classes said he had Frazier 11's. I said no way in hell and he said come back to my dorm room. He did, they were about the size of a refridgerator and he was driving them with a Pioneer SX 1250. I do not remember what the source was, a Teac cassette I think, but they were mighty impressive. Not the ADS sound, but impressive none the less. I wish I had taken a picture but that took planning back in thoes days. Hell, it has been close 25 years ago, actually closer to 30, I can't even remember the guys name. But the speakers I will never forget. I think the SPL was 101db/watt. Did you get them RS
Cheers

Last edited:
I know this is a old thread but I wanted to add when I was in college a guy in one of my classes said he had Frazier 11's. I said no way in hell and he said come back to my dorm room. He did, they were about the size of a refridgerator and he was driving them with a Pioneer SX 1250. I do not remember what the source was, a Teac cassette I think, but they were mighty impressive. Not the ADS sound, but impressive none the less. I wish I had taken a picture but that took planning back in thoes days. Hell, it has been close 25 years ago, actually closer to 30, I can't even remember the guys name. But the speakers I will never forget. I think the SPL was 101db/watt. Did you get them RS
Cheers

No, deal fell through. I'm not sure, but I think someone bought them out from under me. Probably a good thing since I really don't have the room for speakers that huge.

FYI (BTW I was Jack's Sales Manager from the early 70's till he passed away) There were about 200 pairs of 11's made. Elvis did own Frazier's, but they were a pair of Super Midgets. Sr. # 1 and 2 went to a consumer in Dallas, through The Melody Shop. 3&4 went into our sound room..and 5&6 Went to Hauer Music Co. in Kettering OH. There is a pair of 11's on e-bay right now, but the fellow didn't keep them very long, and is asking $2400.00 for them.

Hey guys. It's been a while so I'm hoping I can resurrect this thread.

I'm a new user, but have looked to the site a bit for advice. Finally decided to sign up after I scored a pair of Model 11's and want to hear feedback from anyone who knows about them.

I picked up the pair from a guy who owned them for about 20 years. The cabinets are in rough shape, but the working parts are surprisingly nice. The previous owner was a drummer and punctured the cone in one of the woofers with a drumstick, bummer. But, other than that, all drivers are good, all surrounds are good. They didn't come with the original grills unfortunately.

I hooked them up to a newer low end surround receiver just to test if they produced sound. They did, but I was not impressed. I figured they needed more power. I then hooked them up to my pioneer sx950 (85 wpc) and WOW. The speakers came alive. They are super loud and clear with excellent bass (didn't drive them too hard before I fix the cone).

Anyways, that's the brief background. I'm curious what thoughts are on what it's worth to do to them. The cabinets look like they were painted black at some point. Quite a bit of significant chips in the veneer. No grills. But, they work and sound great! Plus, based on the previous thread comments, I'm thinking I stumbled into something great. Oh, and to speak to how many were made, the serial numbers on these are consecutive and under 100 :)

I'm going to post a few pics of them. FYI, I wiped down one of them with a damp rag, but not the other. You'll probably see the difference in the pics.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
One lucky guy. I almost fainted. A coffee filter and Alieens Tacky glue will fix the driver. Just fix it from the backside.

You stole those!
Awesome and rare find sir!
The cone can be repaired with a piece of coffee filter paper glued to the back of the cone. Just carefully get the tear back to original position before gluing.
Congrats!

Great minds think alike! We're typing at the same time!Ahh, great

Back
Top Bottom