Frazier Model Seven speakers - in the house.

01203a.jpg

Yea, where were you when I needed ya.

:D

Very nice work, Mark. I hope the journey was as much fun as the destination.

Bet they sound very LARGE. Can't wait to hear them.

Your speaker rehab skills have gone from 0-60 even faster than your sport bike.

BTW, Snade,

Hope you "schlepp" them to the next Chicago Area Get Together, I'm starting to plan.

The Frazier Sevens have now rotated into my main rig.

I'm running them with my Pilot tube amp and Fisher FM tuner (see sig below).

The new l-pads I installed to adjust the mids and highs, I've turned these down (the highs down about 40% and the mids about 25%) and these things now sound very balanced.

To say these things fill the room with big sound is an understatement.

I am using some vintage bookshelf speakers (placed face down) as stands for the Sevens, it puts them up about a foot off the ground and the low end sounds very nice.

Still tweaking them to tame them down.

They image very well for such big speakers, amazing detail, very pleasing, full midrange.

That's the scoop. Snade

Last edited:
I've heard those Fraziers in Snade's basement. Very nice and very big sounding. They just pump out room filling sound so effortlessly while retaining detail. We didn't get a chance to dial them in but my impression is that they were very balanced sounding with the tweeters and midrange reduced a bit with the new L-Pads.

If those Fraziers have displaced Snade's beloved Rectlinears in his tube powered rig, they must sound really good now.

Frazier DD1's

Frazier was new to me only last week.
Any comments on a pair of Frazier DD1?
They are available locally, $40.00 =/-. Nice boxes, heavy, seller says they are very efficient. I cannot see the drivers.
Thanks in advance for any input.

The DD-1 was (IIRC) one of the speakers that the new owners of Frazier built after Jack Frazier passed away. It's based on the Monte Carlo, which was a great speaker utilizing a Helmholtz resonator design.

The "post-Jack" Fraziers were hit and miss, starting out just as good, and then deteriorating as the designs got cannibalized for short-term gain.

Maybe Todd Crane will step in with some valid info on the DD-1.

What did you do about grills?

Right now there are no grills.

I may build the simple grills using the design you provided later this year. :thmbsp:

These Sevens sound simply fantastic with the Pilot tube amp. Such a rich, room-filling sound with detail where it is so easy to isolate any instrument as your ear may wish.

The Rectilinear speakers have moved over to the system with the vintage Marantz and still sound very good.

This hobby can be a ton of fun.

Thanks again, PM, for alerting me to the potential of Frazier Sevens.

Your buddy, Mark (aka Snade)

Last edited:
The DD-1 was (IIRC) one of the speakers that the new owners of Frazier built after Jack Frazier passed away. It's based on the Monte Carlo, which was a great speaker utilizing a Helmholtz resonator design.

The "post-Jack" Fraziers were hit and miss, starting out just as good, and then deteriorating as the designs got cannibalized for short-term gain.

Maybe Todd Crane will step in with some valid info on the DD-1.

thanks
Hopefully someone has a little more info. When was the transition? (Jack's passing). It seems that the brans in general was pretty efficient. The DD-1's that I saw were heavy, nicely built, and a nice size, if a little deep. If they are efficient and sound anything like the others that have been described, $32 seems like a good investment.
I saw a picture of the Monte Carlos in apost, what were the specs?
Thanks

I just found a pair of these. Hey has anyone ever found (or know of anyone) that has a pair of Jack Frazier's Things? (no......not those you sick puppies!)

Last edited:
I just found a pair of these. Hey has anyone ever found (or know of anyone) that has a pair of Jack Frazier's Things? (no......not those you sick puppies!)

Todd Crane does not speak highly of the Things. I've never seen a pair.

Todd Crane does not speak highly of the Things. I've never seen a pair.

Yeah but Summer......I'm trying to collect them all!

I'm missing 11's, Super Texan's, D-Landers's, Things, Concerto's, and a newer set of V's (and the previously mentioned) Thing!

Then I can die a happy man!

(God...I've got it bad!)

:thmbsp:Well here are the 7s I recently found,you guys are right...these are some fine speakers

Attachments

• FRAZIER 001.jpg
    FRAZIER 001.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 124
  • FRAZIER 006.jpg
    FRAZIER 006.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 93
  • FRAZIER 005.jpg
    FRAZIER 005.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom