Free Interconnects to try!

Yep, Dan!

I plugged in the HK amp yesterday and I heard a few tunes (In The Court of the Cormson King, actually) so all is well. I had the same problem as before (static in the speaker) and I traced it to a faulty interconnect!!!!!!!!!!! So now I feel a bit better knowing the cause - it's NOT the amp!

'Phew!!! That's a relief!

Wow... those cables still going around?

Does MCM have any more sales specials on those cables? I bought 6 pairs and would like to get more but I can't find them on-line or in their print catalog.

Looks as if they are still available HERE.

I went back to the beginning of this thread, got the part number from dr*audio's original post, and searched the MCM site using that.

I've looked for the cables using normal search methods (e.g. "stereo cables", "RCA cables") and not found them- MCM would do more business IMO if their site was easier to navigate and find stuff...

BUMPING UP to try to locate the knukonceptz cables. I'd like to get them back if no one else wants to try them...

Eric, do you still have the MCM cables, or does Gary have them? I think BGroberts has the Knukonceptz cables. He's about to get a PM from me.

I'm not Erik but I am Gary.... :D

Yes, I have the MCM cables. Picking up my amp on Saturday and once I move the kitchen counter top out of the way I'll try 'em out! :)

BUMPING UP to try to locate the knukonceptz cables. I'd like to get them back if no one else wants to try them...

Well, I see that BGRoberts hasn't posted in 6 months at least. If hakaplan sent him the cables, I suspect they're history.:thumbsdn: See if we send you any more cables, Mr. Roberts!:nono:

Gary, hakaplan gets the MCM cables next.
It's official, hakaplan did ship the Knukonceptz cables to Bad Guy Roberts, and got delivery confirmation. So the Knuconceptz cables are gone. Another friggin' scumbag. Not only did he steal the cables but he prevented the rest from being able to try them.:thumbsdn:

Gary, hakaplan gets the MCM cables next.
It's official, hakaplan did ship the Knukonceptz cables to Bad Guy Roberts, and got delivery confirmation. So the Knuconceptz cables are gone. Another friggin' scumbag. Not only did he steal the cables but he prevented the rest from being able to try them.:thumbsdn:

Well, I will jump in and replace the Knukoncepts if someone else is interested in trying them. Won't be able to do it until next week, but if they allow it, I will ship right to the interested party.

Erik

Last edited:
In all fairness to BG Roberts, it sounds like either he, or someone in his family is having medical problems. Here are some replies to queries I sent him in July:

"Thanks for the reminder, Jeff!
With all the hospitalization and stuff that's gone on the last few months, I'd actually forgotten about the cables. Yes, I have them.
Let me know where I should send them on to.
Bob"

In response, I told him sorry to hear about the hospitalization, no hurry, try them out, send them back to me after that unless he knows of someone else who wants to try them. I also provided my address. Here is his reply dated July 25:

"Thanks for the well wishes, Jeff!
If you're in no hurry for the cables back, I would like to try them out.
If it's OK, I'll try to get that done in the next few weeks.
Otherwise, let me know, and I'll get them back in the mail to you ASAP.
I really appreciate your generosity in loaning these out.
That's an extremely nice thing to do.
Take care,
Bob"

I assumed that since I hadn't received them back, he must have sent them to someone else, hence my earlier post in this thread trying to find them. I haven't received a reply from him to my latest PM of a few days ago. But obviously if he is distracted by serious medical issues, a $12 set of interconnects doesn't matter in the slightest...

Jeff, you are right, it is always best to give someone the benefit of the doubt. I am becoming too cynical.

...I am becoming too cynical...

I don't really think so, it was a reasonable conclusion based on the info you had and the confusion I contributed by asking where the cables were without offering the intel that I had regarding BG's communications with me.

At any rate, I hope BG Roberts is OK. The missing cables are not a big deal, provided that there is a valid reason he is AWOL from this board and from moving the cables along to the next interested party...

Yeah, I'm interested and I'll write a thoughtful review, and I won't flake on getting them to the next guy.

Send me a PM for contact info....

So it looks like to Knukoncept list is:

AltecDarpa
GaryP
Puma Cat

I will contact them about what we are doing and see if they will ship to anyone other than me. If so, I will have them sent to AltecDarpa. If they will only do it to the US, I will ship to Puma Cat.

Sounds good?

FWIW, BGroberts has returned the knukonceptz cables to me, and is recovering from his medical issues....

Back
Top Bottom