Free KR 7600 With No Sound Out Is This Worth Getting??

Yeah, sKiZo's picture shows what you need to do and hopefully that will "fix" it.

I do not have any
First thing I noticed in your pics is that the jumpers are missing on the pre out/amp in loops.. Try bridging those with a couple short rca cables and see if that "fixes" it ...

kenwood-kr-7600-back.jpg
I do not have any signal cables I have 2 rca on one end 2 rca on the other end cable. Would a rca cable work with red and yellow on each end if I red on one set of connectors and yellow on the other set of connectors??

Last edited:
No sound with the rca cables used a jumpers through headphones

You should post a picture of the rear of the Kenwood with your RCA cables in. People here can tell you if plugged in correctly....I had the sane with my KR-6400.

The thing has some weirdness on the tape switch. I believe you'd have to set that to SOURCE MON to hear the radio section. Couldn't hurt to try all the other positions as well.

PS - from the manual - you won't hear any sound with the speaker selector on A+B unless you have TWO sets of speakers attached. I'd assUme that also means the receiver can sense whether a load is attached, so you'd have to have at least one set of speakers attached, with the appropriate pair selected on the front panel.

Last edited:
If the relays do not engage, it's usually to protect your speakers from a large DC offset at the speaker output (read burned-out output transistor or bad output capacitor). You can test part of the receiver by connecting up to the pre amp out (Adapter out in this case) to the Aux in on another working amp to see how well the pre-amp and tuner is working. You might feel better about getting it repaired if you know that the preamp section is working OK. Hope you know someone who is capable with trouble shooting discrete components. Most 'technicians' these days only know how to board swap. Good luck!

I just did a good cleaning now the inside looks 75% to 80% cleaner. I took out the fuse it looks a little bit burned in the center it not split just burned it might be a good idea to replace to fuse.

Here is what the inside looks like after I cleaned it and replaced the fuse I still do not hear the click sound and no sound out. Only other thing I can think of is get some heavier duty 6" to 1' rca cables. If that does not work then it needs some work it would beyond my knowledge.

Last edited:
According to the numbers it's the power supply printed circuit board. The dark area is probably where the wire wound resisters are soldered in. I am a qualified analog tech and my guess it's probably a power output transistor. If you have an ohm meter, you could measure the four T03 transistors mounted on the heat sink. Usually only one channel will be out. You might be able to find shorted components by comparing resistance on the Rx1 setting from one channel side to the other.

If it’s stuck in protect, it’s either the power supply or one of the amps. Unplug both amps and see if it comes out of protect. If not, the power supply has the issue. Otherwise plug in one amp and see if it comes out of protection. You can pin down what has the issue fairly easily and can fix it yourself or find someone local to do it.

Based on your description and symptoms, don't bother investing in the heavier RCA cable. Just finish up your cleaning and shelf it away until you either gain more skills or find someone local (preferably another AKer) that can take a look.

In fact, if you do want to pursue further troubleshooting with AKers help, you should start a new thread in the Kenwood-Trio forum. You will get better responses there. Heck, you should search that forum first for similar issues and read up on it first....

Back
Top Bottom