freebie speakers for me

jami w.

just being me thats all
just picked up some cambridge soundworks speakers for free :) now ive got 2 speakers for the back porch :)

from a neighbor whose "upgrading". poor guy i feel bad for him :rflmao:i was just told "the wife liked how the blose looks"
mc200 speakers x2/ new ensamble III speakers x2
and the center channel.
just need to pick up brackets an figure out the screw size on backside of the mc200 (6mm/8mm)
20180622_110116.jpg 20180622_110242.jpg

Last edited:

im thinking about trying out the center channel and seeing how it sounds. verse the one im using now.
the mc200's are alot bigger an heavier then the rear surrounds i have now. im curious what the sound difference would be there as well.
the little ones most likely will end up being used on the porch. evening w coffee an jazz or blues.

swapped out the rear surrounds + center channel. i'll be damed an called an idiot!!!
blows away the kenwood center by alot!!!!
as for the rears major sound improvement!!
more directed sound more depth as well.

so sad the rack had to go an looking for a tv stand 50" long ×18" deep with plenty of shelves for my gear. rest of gear is in the spare bedroom till then. both subs are hidden. gear list in signature, i also have a pioneer bluray player i picked up on the cheap for 30 bucks
20180622_125432.jpg

I would have expected anything with Cambridge on the label to sound pretty good. :thumbsup: Have you priced out what those were new or what they're selling for now? I haven't ever seen any Cambridge speakers but their other electronics are pretty nice.

I would have expected anything with Cambridge on the label to sound pretty good. :thumbsup: Have you priced out what those were new or what they're selling for now? I haven't ever seen any Cambridge speakers but their other electronics are pretty nice.

these are the henry gloss designed ones as i found out online.

You are confusing the defunct Cambridge Soundworks with Cambridge Audio.
small pioneer surrounds verse henry gloss designed speakers yup no brainer here.
kenwood center verse the H G center no brainer as well there.

You are confusing the defunct Cambridge Soundworks with Cambridge Audio.
what you say is defunct is better to anothers persons ears, esp when was i using 15+yr old pioneer bookshelf speakers for surrounds.
now otoh? if i had deep real deep pockets?
every speaker would be klipsch. if i had it my way.

just picked up some cambridge soundworks speakers for free :) now ive got 2 speakers for the back porch :)

from a neighbor whose "upgrading". poor guy i feel bad for him :rflmao:i was just told "the wife liked how the blose looks"
mc200 speakers x2/ new ensamble III speakers x2
and the center channel.
just need to pick up brackets an figure out the screw size on backside of the mc200 (6mm/8mm)
View attachment 1217915 View attachment 1217916
That's a great set. Cambridge Soundworks produced some great-sounding speakers.

Personally, I'd give the MC200s a shot as mains - supplemented by your subs of course. They might end up staying there.

That's a great set. Cambridge Soundworks produced some great-sounding speakers.

Personally, I'd give the MC200s a shot as mains - supplemented by your subs of course. They might end up staying there.
ive got pioneer towers for the mains, the mc200's are pulling rear surrounds for duty.
obv these arent totl speakers by any means, but they are newer then the 15+ yr old surrounds i was using. those that know me here know ill come across some golden speakers :)

I'm suggesting you experiment. That's the best way to figure out what sounds best.
i know you were but im not switching out my mains, i do alot of 2 channel music listening and thats why im keeping the towers for mains. its only in 7.2 surround for movies, tv and gaming.

Jami,
I literally stumbled over these Cambridge soundworks speakers a few months back on a trip to
goodwill...tag said $3. I was like wth, if they sound like crap I'll take em to the local flea market and do a quick trade or flip....fast forward a month later. I sold some klipsch bookshelfs cause money was extremely tight, and I decided to use the Cambridge's as a "fill in" till I decide to find a permanent replacements for my Klipsh. (my 2 main fronts are C.V.'s...) holy Sh** I was floored by the power and clarity of these babies.....long story short. I'm NoT selling! Best $3 I ever spent on a pair of speakers hands down! never in a million years did i ever think I'd be this Geeked up for a pair of Cambridge soundworks speakers.....ha ha!

Attachments

• A.00f0f_ivXvunRz3JX_600x450.jpg
    A.00f0f_ivXvunRz3JX_600x450.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 41
  • A.00Q0Q_iJsQ0eXD83A_600x450.jpg
    A.00Q0Q_iJsQ0eXD83A_600x450.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom