Freeking epic score.

bullgill

I went to a local auction today and they had these photos (below) of some records so I brought $600 just in case.

I ended up winning them all, the price I paid is $7.50 per stack (15 stacks). Then 17.50 for the two separate stacks on the side table, so after fees around $166 for everything!

Below are some photos of this haul, the first two photos of the boxes are practically all rock and roll, just stuff you see more often. Still allot of good stuff in the boxes though. The huge stack on the floor is all of the obviously great stuff and then pictures of the albums in the proceeding pictures. The Evel Knievel record is sealed, so it must be an authentic signature inside!

Don't see a hometown listed in your profile and the images are firewalled from me at work -
so, where in the US was the sale - where are you?

It has been a few decades since I have heard "Angels Egg" by Gong! You may need to twist one up for that LP. That KGB record was one of those Superstar lineups that didn't make it. Michael Bloomfield, Carmine Appice & Rick Gretch. Enjoy your haul.

Some great titles in there! :thumbsup: I have no luck at auctions. There will be a few boxes of mediocre records and they get bid up to crazy amounts.

I went to a local auction today and they had these photos (below) of some records so I brought $600 just in case.

I ended up winning them all, the price I paid is $7.50 per stack (15 stacks). Then 17.50 for the two separate stacks on the side table, so after fees around $166 for everything!

Below are some photos of this haul, the first two photos of the boxes are practically all rock and roll, just stuff you see more often. Still allot of good stuff in the boxes though. The huge stack on the floor is all of the obviously great stuff and then pictures of the albums in the proceeding pictures. The Evel Knievel record is sealed, so it must be an authentic signature inside!

Let me know the minute you have listened to all of them .

Don't see a hometown listed in your profile and the images are firewalled from me at work -
so, where in the US was the sale - where are you?
I clicked on the first picture in his first post and it says Ashtabula, Ohio.

Well from what I can see it looks like a little over 200 common titles for under a dollar each so that's not bad at all. Depending on where you live and how you normally have to get your records it's probably great for you.

There are a few not so common titles as well as some that could have good value in collectable dollars. The good majority of these look to be nice examples and probably collected over time so the need to ID them before doing anything is recommended.

Depending on your knowledge of records, you might want to start a thread to help you ID the records that really stick out, like Free, Fire & Water. I would go though them and group if there is any Promos, Imports and just high demand artist like Led Zep. I wouldn't start washing anything till you know the value, and what to look for on some titles.

I would be more than willing to help you in such a thread as will a lot of others here.

014.jpg
Depending on what they ID as
Van Morison
Free
Skynyrd
Alman Brothers
Can all be over $50 each

012.jpg

Zep II, can go though the roof if it's a RL copy and depending on condition.

010.jpg

David Bowie, Looser is pretty rare

Back
Top Bottom