Freezing, Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380 4GB

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am wondering does anyone else have a freezing problem that is using a Radeon GPU. I have a Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380 4GB. I have random freezing and I have not been able to figure out what is causing it. I have used diagnostic tools on the GPU and it tests out just fine, the event viewer does not show anything related to the GPU. I have to reboot the computer to clear it. It does this randomly during movie playback with on board files, Youtube playing on the PC, and when I am doing continuous file management. I can’t reliably repeat it is totally random. It goes without saying I have all of the latest updates. The debugging log does not show anything. It isn’t a BSOD so my Whocrashed log does not show anything. This is the first Radeon GPU I have run in years and over all I am very pleased with it.

Environment
Windows 10 Spring Edition.

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard.

AMD FX-9590 8-core 4.7 GHz Socket AM3+ 220W Black Edition Desktop Processor.

ADATA XPG V1 DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) 16GB (8GBx2)

Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380 4GB GPU.

Right now is not a good time to purchase a new GPU with all the people crypto-mining.

Last edited:
Damn miners....is it freezing only with video playback or normal desktop work also? I would try to pull the card and run onboard graphics to narrow down the problem.

It has been freezing since the beginning. I don’t have an onboard GPU. With the Windows 10 spring edition it Has not had a freeze up. Radeon had an update about the same time. Fixed??? We will see.

Back
Top Bottom