FreQ(*)Oddios System.

This whole post summarizes to me, what this past-time is about.

VERY well done man, cheers to your effort, persistence, and near completion!

:beerchug:
Bill

Out of curiosity, what are you powering your Towers with freQ?
the right power amp is still in the works Marz, for now my QSC GX7 is all i could ever ask for in reserve power and durability to push the towers. I will eventually add something that fits the vintage system better that i can be proud of, power amp will cost some cash, no way around that, not like my other components. the towers are setting idle now anyway, used power amp shopping is like a hobby in itself lol, I know you been through it also with your HK monoblocks. good job with them! I cant tell you how many Brystons i look at but they are not a $500 price range used amp, no matter how often i search. SAE amps i am learning their models and are in a good price range, Phase linear also, Mac is to much even for their lowest price rough condition amps, It comes down to waiting how ever long it takes to get something i love for $2K or something i can live with sooner for $500

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what are you powering your Towers with freQ?
Another option i been playing with is to buy 2 large capacity dual power supplys, and make a dual mono DIY build that would include some nice texas instruments boards installed in a custom chassis , and each part order would only be about $60 with a eventual total cost around $500 for a new 300 wpc 8 ohms, but need to figure damping factors and other stuff. fun thought to have my own power ramp with easy user replaceable boards in the future.

Back
Top Bottom