Friggin USPS!!!! BASTAGES!!!!

WTF do we pay them as much as we do for?!?!?!

So OK.. had something that shipped out Wed evening priority, going to a business address (not open on Saturday)

So I check the tracking today since it is conformation delivery....

Earlier this morning, it shows it arrived at the post office in the zipcode at 9:32

Damn it.. too late to be delivered today I figure, and it never shows up.. Our last delivery is normally around 4:30pm..

So I get home and check at 7pm.. still says the same..

So on a whim, around 11pm, I check the tracking again.. It shows delivered.. at 9:41 AM..

:wtf:

Now splain to me how it gets to the post office, is delivered 9 minutes later, then spends all day not showing any other tracking information, until half a day later, and it was delivered 9 minutes after it was scanned at the post office..

And this lack luster entity wants to charge us more for each delivery, AND want's to quit providing us service on Saturdays.. but that does me no good in this case anyway,...

I HATE THIS SHIT!!!!

So far, I've been in this exact situation, and they delivered some tubes I won on the bay on a Saturday to an unknown address. Confirmation needed.. never got them. The seller sent me a second set...

well over a month ago, a member here sent me a check.. STILL haven't gotten it. I wrote that off.. I know he sent it.. I know the dicks lost it..

...and now this shit.. 9 minutes from arriving in the post office until confirmed it was delivered well over a mile away.. but yet it took well over 12 hours to show that on the tracking..

Sorry, but the more I think about this, the more pissed off I get.. I've about had it with USPS..

This is why USPS is losing money.. we've all lost trust in them and refuse to use their services.

BTW.. the tubes they lost was $50. The check was $28, and now this order was just a little over $70 if it doesn't show up.. It's making me sick....

I think they only update 2 twice a day 10 pm. and not sure the other time.They track all the info but don't send it to you but a couple times each day.I think ,I've had good sucess with the post office now UPS is another story.Fedex ain't bad either.

I think they only update 2 twice a day 10 pm. and not sure the other time.They track all the info but don't send it to you but a couple times each day.I think ,I've had good sucess with the post office now UPS is another story.Fedex ain't bad either.

Makes sense to me.

I guess that they could install an real time tracking system and pay to train folks to install and operate it, but that certainly wouldn't drive down the cost of the service now would it???

FWIW, i've mailed hundreds of items USPS with only one issue and that was resolved. I have stopped "insuring: inexpensive items with them and self insure them by charging all my customers a buck or so more, rather than the $1.75 the USPS does. That way I have a kitty here where I can pay them right off right away rather than screw around with waiting 30 days to file a claim and then however many weeks it takes to resolve it.

So far, I haven't had any need to use it.

You guys make me appreciate the Hong Kong Post Office! Local mail almost always arrives the next day at any local destinations, and if something is sent overseas, it leaves Hong Kong within a day, too. They're very efficient.

That said, I've had two experiences where things sent by surface mail (by ship) took weeks and weeks longer than usual. I always assume something gets held up at ports, customs clearance, etc... but I never even know where the delay is.

I often just wrap cash in opaque paper and send it through the mail system, to pay for things I'm buying overseas. Weirdly, I've had only two cash payments I've made for things take unusually long to arrive, and in both cases, the packages sent to me (the stuff I was buying) was similarly delayed in its arrival, even though the postmark dates showed it had been sent much earlier. In one case, the seller was in the US, and in the other case, France.

One thing I have noticed: mail sent to the US used to take about seven days to get there, pretty much without fail. Now it often takes a lot longer, often 10-14 days. I haven't seen any other evidence that the service at the HK Post has slowed down in any way, so I can only assume the longer delivery times are due to slowdowns on the US side. That said, occasionally letters arrive in less than a week!

I do believe, as many posts in this thread indicate, that a lot of it depends on your location and the local post office management!

I've shipped thousands of packages via USPS. Overall not too bad but could definitely improve. As mentioned in another post the Delivery confirmation is technically just that. They confirm that they delivered it. It's not tracking though they tend to imply that it is in their advertising. If you try to track down a lost package the first thing they will tell you is that DC is not tracking but rather just confirmation. Once I started shipping with printed labels with DC barcode etc my lost package rate went way down.

I have had problems of late with SmartPost which is some sort of deal between FedEx and USPS. I think FedEx originates the shipment and delivers it to the post office nearest the recipient. Then USPS actually delivers it the the recipients home or business. Unfortunately with 2 out of the 3 packages that have been sent to me via SmartPost two of them were delivered to the USPS facility but didn't made it to me. With one of the packages I had gone to that same post office three times to complain and have them check around for the package but they never found it. Then I got a note from that post office 2 MONTHS after FedEx had given them the package saying that I needed to go pick it up or they were going to send it back. Apparently it had just sat in their building collecting dust. I don't think anyone ever really looked that hard for it.

The other day I got an email from UPS stating they had delivered a package to my house. I got up from the computer and walked out to the porch and there it was. I looked down the road and saw the UPS driver driving away. Nice.

USPS is really messing up bad. Back in January lost one package which never show up. One in Feb, and now one that said was delivered on the 6th of this month, but I never saw.

I can only think of one really odd (bad?) experience with the USPS. I needed a part for my 1966 Volvo P1800 that I was bringing back. It was ordered and after a month of it not getting to me, the seller sent me a refund. At the time, I told him if it arrived, I'd call and he could charge me for it. Well, it finally did arrive safely with no damage. Sadly, I had sold the car about 3 years earlier. I called IPD and they were happy I was willing to return it and did not hold me to paying for it. The post mark was a a day after I had originally ordered the part so IPD had mailed it as they said.

I just now had a FedEx guy who was too preoccupied yakking on his cell phone ring my doorbell and leave an overnight package on my porch that was supposed to go to the house next door. My address ends with a "1", next door ends with a "5". Should be farily easy to discern. I caught him in time to hand it back.

May sound dumb but, why did you not just walk next door and give it to your neighbor. Knowing FedEx, he will leave a note that the package needs to be picked up at some station 100 miles from there as the neighbor was not home. In our neighborhood my wife who stays home is the receiving station for the entire street. Sometimes when I get home I wonder what kind of operation she is running behind my back. A couple of weeks ago I even had bad thoughts. Sitting there was a HUGE package from HP for a family a few doors down whom I have not yet met. When he came over to get it, the package contained some big *ss*d computer server. I coulda used it at the office.

May sound dumb but, why did you not just walk next door and give it to your neighbor. Knowing FedEx, he will leave a note that the package needs to be picked up at some station 100 miles from there as the neighbor was not home...
Because I wanted the FedEx delivery guy to know he screwed up.
He took it straight to the neighbor's house so no problem.

Hey, I love USPS, but there's a hitch, I'm Canadian lolz. If it weren't for USPS I wouldn't have been able to afford half the stuff I've had shipped to me from ePay. With the couriers they charge $$$$ brokerage fees. USPS has never lost one thing I've shipped or one thing that has been shipped to me,and there's been thousands. You must be jinxed simi :D. Here's Lar touching wood that the MO he just shipped by Canada Post through USPS makes it to CA ASAP.:yes:

Cheers

Lar

Hey, I'll second that. A wonderful A'Ker sent me a Pioneer SX-727. All 32 pounds of it. He mailed it Saturday from Minnesota and I received it the following Thursday in excellent undamaged condition. No customs fees either. Hat's off to USPS and Canada Post.

Back
Top Bottom