From Merrylander: I no longer do Yamaha repairs.

I never had Merrylander do any work for me, but it is pretty clear to me his hanging up his soldering iron is a big loss. Thank goodness he is still available for advice!

It is also pretty clear from his posts that he is true gentleman, and I don't throw that word around.

Thank you, Merrylander!

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but merrylander also built a lot of beautiful wood cabinets, mostly for Yamaha gear I think, but also very nice one out of cherry for my Marantz 20 tuner.

Just wanted to say thanks, Rob, for all the wisdom you've shared here. We've not met even though I'm a Merrylander, myself, now living in CA. But, reading your posts here convinced me to buy a "needs work" 2020 that I now cherish.

Recently I had a few questions about restaining the case and a problematic right channel and I literally came back to the forum to see if you ( specifically! ) could help me out and found this thread.

Congrats on your "retirement." Enjoy.

Met Rob and his lovely wife a few years ago to pick up a CR-1020 I purchased from him which is "singing" at its new owners house. You both are truly and genuinely nice people who welcomed me in and I got the workshop tour too. Bless you both. :D

Met Rob and his lovely wife a few years ago to pick up a CR-1020 I purchased from him which is "singing" at its new owners house. You both are truly and genuinely nice people who welcomed me in and I got the workshop tour too. Bless you both. :D

He has thank you, we just celebrated 30 years of marriage this past Tuesday.

I know you miss this...I'm slowly learning to resurrect these old Yamaha units. Maybe this pic will bring back some fond memories...

YamStack01_zps329d61b0.jpg

I got this pair up and running recently. Just bulbs and a bit of cleaning of the controls. It's fun learning something new!

YamahaCA2010ampCT61003_zpsbf5e619c.jpg

In 2005, I found a curbside SX950. Then I found Rob ... who fixed that 950. Then he found and fixed a cold solder joint on my Denon TT. Then he repaired the big SX1980 I dragged down to his basement.

I've since moved to FL and recently found a tech to help fix a tube amp that keeps blowing fuses. Well, let me just say I miss having Rob as my go-to guy.

All the best Rob. You've left the world with hundreds of beautiful pieces of audio history now gracing the ears (and eyes) of countless music lovers.

I too would like to thank you for all you've done Merrylander.

My recent work on an "as is" R-700 purchase would not have turned out as well as it did if not for your numerous Yamaha troubleshooting tips and comments (AK's archives really saved me on this one). You, Avionic, NakDoc, and an AK member that I can't remember, etc, etc, lead me to stick with it until I got it sorted out (the tuner wouldn't lock and the DC offset was anywhere from ~ 50 to 190mv).

People like you are what make this hobby so enjoyable for the rest of us!

Rob, thanks for all you have done over the years, you are a true gentleman and craftsman. Those great pictures on the wall are a beautiful record of your life. I wish you, your beautiful wife and family all the best.

I can't thank you enough Rob for your contribution to the Yamaha and AK community. Maybe you just need a recap? Lube your controls?

Just a heads up - Rob's Wife Florence passed on to the Lord earlier this week. I talked to him last night and his son is in town, and both are finding comfort in each other.
Regards,
Jim

Feel free to visit Political Chat > Off topic > "I'll sleep well tonight"

Rob started the thread with this title when there was still hope for Florence. This is a moving thread about deep deep love.

In 2005, I found a curbside SX950. Then I found Rob ... who fixed that 950. Then he found and fixed a cold solder joint on my Denon TT. Then he repaired the big SX1980 I dragged down to his basement.

I've since moved to FL and recently found a tech to help fix a tube amp that keeps blowing fuses. Well, let me just say I miss having Rob as my go-to guy.

All the best Rob. You've left the world with hundreds of beautiful pieces of audio history now gracing the ears (and eyes) of countless music lovers.
Well Said!

Very nice! May I ask who you've used in SoFla tht you'd recommend? I have a CR-2020 I bought new and kept. I'd like to have the "service advisories" done.. Thanks n advance, mark

To pick up on an old thread. If merrylander is no longer working on Yamaha units, is there a go to Yamaha tech AK would recommend? I have a good condition M-4 which sounds very nice, but Id like to upgrade it with modern binding posts, fix the power on light and have it checked to see if a re-cap is warranted...thanks

Back
Top Bottom