From Wajobu: Our entrepid field reporter

fotno

Lunatic Member
Wajobu has graciously accepted the assignment of keeping a visual diary of his adventures at AK Fest 2008. This is the first installment of that journal:

These first shots feature the registration desk, and the MC 2301: McIntosh's 300 watt powerhouse.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• RegistrationDesk.jpg
    RegistrationDesk.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 206
  • MC 2301 - 1.jpg
    MC 2301 - 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 133
  • MC 2301 - 2.jpg
    MC 2301 - 2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 118
Hot off the presses, our one and only (at least to my knowledge) amphibian member... Ozmoid!

Attachments

• Froggy?.jpg
    Froggy?.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Hot off the presses, our one and only (at least to my knowledge) amphibian member... Ozmoid!

First necktie I've ever seen at a Fest - and he wore it all day, not just for the pic :scratch2:

Cripes, he looks altogether too respectable (not to mention too well dressed).

And here's our Member of the Year Jaymanaa accepting his award from Ernie?!

Congratulations Jay: We're proud of you!

Attachments

• MOTY:Jaymanaa.jpg
    MOTY:Jaymanaa.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
You know... I'm not sure that is Grumpy, now that I look closely at the picture. Could be Ernie (luvvinvinyl) maybe? I've seen enough pictures of Jay to know that's him.

Walker sent me the picture, and I posted it straight from email. I just assumed it was Dave because IIRC he historically hands out the award.

I don't know how tall Jay is, but Grumpy is taller than I am, so he's 6'-5' or so. Ernie is a smidge shorter than that :D.

You know... I'm not sure that is Grumpy, now that I look closely at the picture. Could be Ernie (luvvinvinyl) maybe? I've seen enough pictures of Jay to know that's him.

Walker sent me the picture, and I posted it straight from email. I just assumed it was Dave because IIRC he historically hands out the award.

I don't know how tall Jay is, but Grumpy is taller than I am, so he's 6'-5' or so. Ernie is a smidge shorter than that :D.

Thats Grumpy in the background of the reception desk picture.

Thanks for the clarification Rick: Likely that's Ernie presenting the award then...

Thanks for the clarification Carl. That's the main reason I hate missing the fest; I really wanted to shake the hands of my friends, and see their smiling faces. Most of them for the very first time.

You should. It's a good time. I made the 4.5hr drive up from Indy and back today. Worth it for the "Hi how ya doin", and also the Mcs. It's much better to stay both days though.
We were very tube-heavy today. Army/Retro (Pioneer Spec) and Marantz may have been the only solid-state amps around.

Back
Top Bottom