From Wajobu: Our entrepid field reporter

You should. It's a good time. I made the 4.5hr drive up from Indy and back today. Worth it for the "Hi how ya doin", and also the Mcs. It's much better to stay both days though.
We were very tube-heavy today. Army/Retro (Pioneer Spec) and Marantz may have been the only solid-state amps around.

Did the same, over hours of driving. But the time spent listening to those systems, & meeting some members, more than out weighed the drive time. :yes:

Thanks for the pics!

Congrats again Jay!

Steve/Carl, I hope to shake your hand/s next year.

Don't think that I could take missing another fest... :no:

Scott

Thanks Fotno!!

This gent and band was last night's entertainment, and MAN could they cook!

http://laithmusic.com/

Original music and covers, including a 15 minute closing of "Black Magic Woman"! Even some Hendrix! A really, really great band all talented musicians.

Yes, that was our own luvvinvinyl (AKA Ernie) making the very nice presentation. Sorry that the photos are a bit fuzzy (it's just a 2 MP camera in my phone). Wigwam Jones was there last night taking pictures too, I'm sure that a post will follow.

Yes, indeed AK Member "pustelniakr" (AKA Rabbi Rich) is here and let's see if we can get a photo!

Sounds like a great time!!!

I have to wonder now though, hoow is the rest of the hotel dealing with all the music from all of the rooms? :scratch2:

Of special note, AK Member modge is here, all the way from the UK!

That a way Modgy!!

Yes, indeed AK Member "pustelniakr" (AKA Rabbi Rich) is here and let's see if we can get a photo!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :yikes:

Please don't tell me EchoWars was there too.....:tears:

Take it from me, that is Grumpy in the backround, and yes Ernie was the one presenting the member of the year award.

I just pulled in my driveway after 9 hours on the road. Only stayed for the first day, but paid for two. Had a ball, and got to meet Glenn (aka Echowars) as he was bringing my Sansui 9090db. Oh, there will be more to come about that, just as soon as my ears are given a rest, and it is hooked up..:yes::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Grumpy wasn't so bad! Actually kinda nice. What a softie:D Miss Grumpy was cool, as well.

that tower of 3" drivers, to my ears, was the nicest thing going. :music:

Attachments

• something awesome.jpg
    something awesome.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 38
  • tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 26
  • drool.jpg
    drool.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 23
  • mcintosh amps.jpg
    mcintosh amps.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 24
  • more mac.jpg
    more mac.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
X_25, thank you SO much for the heads up. Just made friends, don't wanna screw it up.

Still........:sigh:

I have to wonder now though, hoow is the rest of the hotel dealing with all the music from all of the rooms? :scratch2:

The rooms seemed completely soundproof to me. After leaving a setup that was quite loud - and then closing the door behind me - I couldn't hear a thing from inside.

that tower of 3" drivers, to my ears, was the nicest thing going. :music:

It was definitely in my top 3 - especially driven by what must have been $20k worth of McIntosh gear.

The other incredible speakers were the vintage JBL 250 (?) towers in a very nice gentleman's room (shoulda brought a notepad to jot this stuff down). The Advents in Dgwojo's space - as well as Squidward's Klipsch setup - have also stuck with me after leaving the show. :music:

Again, apologies for the somewhat grainy photo, but this is one of Douglas's (Pakprotector's) fine amplifiers (and you should have seen the power supplies! :naughty: )

attachment.php

Last edited:
Again, apologies for the somewhat grainy photo, but this is one of Douglas's (Pakprotector's) fine amplifiers (and you should have seen the power supplies! :naughty: )

Agreed - the power supplies had the most incredible vintage (?) transformers. There were three of them (I think) for each channel, mounted on two separate chassis about the same size as the amp pictured above.

I wish I would have taken a camera and notebook along for the ride...

Back
Top Bottom