1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Front high speaker test

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by 91firebird, Jul 12, 2018.

1. 91firebird

91firebird Active Member

Well having added the Sony core for the front speakers which sound great I put on John wick which is
    Atmos 7.1. First Polk t15,tan Polk r20,Dayton audio 652, Boston hd7,arm3,Boston hd5.well all said and done
    I,like the Polk t15 for the front high speakers.the Boston and the ar m series sounded good but he Polk had
    A Better sound to me a dam nice less than a 100.00 a pair speaker.the reciever is a denon 730h with a Polk
    Center a Polk sub and Dayton audio 652 rear speakers and a sony s3700 a Samsung d5100 blueray and
    A Samsung ks8000 60 inch tv.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. tcdriver

tcdriver AK Subscriber Subscriber

Did you mount the Polk t15 speakers on the front wall or on the ceiling? Did you play the movie using Dolby Atmos?

3. 91firebird

91firebird Active Member

4. 91firebird

91firebird Active Member

Yes high on front wall,using atmos and dts-x.the fronts are on 24 inch stands front height speakers at 7 feet up on wall
    Set with the calibration mike placed at seating area 11 feet from screen.the calibration mike works well did do some
    Slight adjustment to sound set,set the front height speakers a little louder.ran fury road,San Enders,Kong skull island
    Juanmi welcome to the jungle.sounds dam good.the calibration mike does a good job setting the levels to your seating
    Area.

5. tcdriver

tcdriver AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks. :thumbsup: