Full Sized Trucks--When Will The "Size War" End?

Note that the Ford F-150 and Superduty, while large, in the newest versions have shed considerable weight by going to aluminum bodies.

I'm curious how that is going to hold up long term. I'm definitely in favor if it survives better than the steel. Kind of a low bar in many areas with the liquid evil painted on the roads that rots everything out now.

If salt gets in the seams it will be an issue if it isn't or can't be washed out! Otherwise it will last like an airplane or boat as long as the steel frame doesn't contact it say when a rubber mount goes bad.

Many of the pricier semi truck cabs are built of it also and seem to hold out well.

Within a year or less these will be showing up in hyundia showrooms.Bet they sell well with the younger crowd.Santa cruze suv/pickup blend .Would be nice if Canada gets the turbo diesel as well as gas options.
006-hyundai-santa-cruz-concept-1.jpg

Kia which is a sibling of hyundia is following along soon with their version.Depending on actual size these could sell like hotcakes in Quebec as they are in love with small vehicles bucking the trend of the rest of North America.

Within a year or less these will be showing up in hyundia showrooms.Bet they sell well with the younger crowd.Santa cruze suv/pickup blend .Would be nice if Canada gets the turbo diesel as well as gas options.

It's cool they're bringing a new small truck to the market, but my god, does it have to look like that? And how are you supposed to haul anything in that little bed it has. I'm driving an 86 Toyota pickup, it's a segment of the market which has been totally abandoned... nobody is selling a long box compact truck anymore.

It's cute,but useless as a ''pickup truck''. C'mon,my GF's purse wouldn't fit in the back of that thing.Probably exceed the payload too:rolleyes:

Maybe this thread is the kiss of death.

I think some layoffs are coming to the Ford truck division in Louisville, KY, where they build the F250 - F550.

:(

Last edited:
Are you too young or maybe just don't remember the herds of mini-trucks that use to roam the roads?Mark my words these will sell well whether you like it or not.That was a preproduction photo so I doubt very much that's the final design .Sorry I had a quote from arts inserted but it has disappeared.

I am kind of curious about the new Rivian electric pick-up. It's not something I could afford, but I like reading about it. A 197hp electric motor on each wheel, putting out about double the torque of most trucks out there. It doesn't seem like a work truck, but it's off road capabilities seem pretty good, and it's not that bad looking.
https://electrek.co/2018/11/26/rivian-r1t-all-electric-pickup-specs/

rivian-r1t-hero-e1543267758565.jpg
Ive been asking for specs like that for a pickup (elect).Hope I win the lottery on Friday I want one in my 5000 square foot underground garage.Also to be built with wishmoney,lol.Wish them all the best .P.S there will be an empty gm plant in Canada soon if you need extra production capacity .

This is arguably the best looking Hyundai ever built. Very nice, I can see the younger crowd loving this. 54 year old me likes it too.

The new upcoming Ford Ranger pickup is a major step in the right direction. For many people with light needs, all the truck you could ever want. And it is nice.

Today on dealers website where I bought my F-150, they had their first 2019 Ranger. It had a $43000 sticker. It was fairly well equipped XLT model. The truck may be smaller but the price is not.

I just noticed this. I think that was near top of the line. I think they start at closer to $25,000.

Ford Fiesta ute. Why did Ford never sell this in the US? There has to be a market for this. There sure were a lot of Rancheros and El Caminos sold in the 70's

48383552_10216302219222227_2886155604152287232_n.jpg

I've always thought the same thing. Both the Ford and GM versions (especially the crazy version made by Holden) are great for the city. This is the Maloo by Holden (GM)

fdc5c024cbd28a43e12c2b6bce6e02fb

Back
Top Bottom