Funny Cable Story

Hi! I was about ready to start asking around Audiogon to see what had happened to you. We have been loosing it without a female here to keep us straight.:D Specially me!!

"We have been loosing it without a female here to keep us straight. Specially me!!"

Hope ya meant that figuratively :D

gee, you boys sure do know how to make a girl blush.....:saywhat:
and feel welcome

-angela:butt1:

BARMAN!!!! Send that beautiful dame a bottle of your finest red wine on me.

Nice to have you back here. Welcome back! :)

Chris

LOL

EVERYONE knows "professional musicians" are the WORSE people to ask about sound quality.

Their hearing has often been battered by years of abuse plus they hear recorded music differently from mere mortals like us.

:p:

Most musos I know don't know or care about quality hi-fi .
When they hear a tune , their brain fills in the gaps and makes the music whole regardless of the source, whereas audio types need at least a good standard of reproduction to appreciate a tune.

:D

cheerio
Have to politely disagree with you there.

Without knowing what the associated OPs gear is, I may have to agree that depending on the gear involved, there won't be much difference in RS $12 cables vs the supplied Black and Reds or $3 cables. They may have better shielding and plating may or may not have much input other than introducing dis-similar metals at each connection point and a tighter connection.

Yesterday a guy who is a professional musician, blues keyboard player to be exact (we have alot in common ;) ) was bustin my balls and giving me shit because get this: I WAS SPENDING $12.99 AND $10.99 FOR Y-CABLES AND INTERCONNECTS AT RAT SHACK :eek: Why? He thought I was an idiot for spending that much money! :p: Well when I tried to explain to him they had gold plated ends and were shielded he explained to me that and I quote "to hear any difference betwwen those and regular $2.99 cables you would need equipment from NASA" I said well.........I didn't know what to say cuz I knew he was probably right. His parting shot was "basically you bought them cuz they look really good right?" What could I say?? Duh yes! But I thought I'd really rile him up so I asked him "so if I buy one of those $5000 power cords for my amp I won't hear no difference?"
My musician step son says I am a sound snob. I don't think he cares about sound quality unless it is truly awful.

Back
Top Bottom