Fuse Lamps for Luxman r800

rudkinst

Got a good Luxman r800 in great shape, but the fuse lamps are gone. So is the fuse that leads to them.
Problem is they are all odd sizes.
1. Fuse is 2A 250Volt, but tiny! But, I assume I can dig one up around Toronto.
2. Fuse lamps...seem to be 8V, BUUUUT, they are 2 inches long! Standard diameter, but longer than normal.

Anyone know where I can get fuses this long? No luck on eBay or Amazon yet.

Thanks for any and all help/advice.

. Fuse lamps...seem to be 8V, BUUUUT, they are 2 inches long! Standard diameter, but longer than normal.
Fuse style lamps have a voltage and current designation. For example ( 8v@300ma). It is usually stamped on one end of the lamp.

Thanks avionic. I can't find the lamps right now! But, I looked them over good. They are 40+ years old and there was almost nothing left on them anywhere, except what looked like an 8 on a couple of them. So, I may be flying blind on exact amperage and such but there is not much I can do about that. The size seems to be the hardest thing to find. They are exactly two inches long but the same diameter as a regular lamp.
Ever heard of anyone wiring in leds or such into a fuse lamp location?
Thanks for your input.

Luxman used some long lamps for the M-4000 amps among others, maybe about 40mm a good bit longer than fuse lamps. These are hard to find but subs, maybe even LED subs show up on the bay occasionally. The lamps used in the M-2000 and M-4000 are 10V 3.3W based on the SM. I don't know the values for the R800.

Found a bay listing overseas that shows the LED replacement. 6x45mm
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Luxman-M-20...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Is that the size of the lamps you are looking for (to measure and verify)?

Wow! Impressive research abilities! Thanks! I will measure and see if they fit.
I think there is a service manual on HiFiEngine but I can't read these well enough to tell the voltage needs.file:///Users/mathyrudkins/Downloads/hfe_luxman_r800_service%20(1).pdf

So I will look for something similar to those. If I can't get the price down, maybe McGyver something?
Thanks!

I think there is a service manual on HiFiEngine but I can't read these well enough to tell the voltage needs.file:///Users/mathyrudkins/Downloads/hfe_luxman_r800_service%20(1).pdf
The HFE scan is piss poor quality.

Back
Top Bottom