Fuses and sound quality ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You not being from around here. The SI swimsuit issue has been a major thing for decades. That is what I mean by you not being from around here. Sells in the millions I assume, you can look it up to correct that fly by night guess and is very popular with a coveted cover going to the lucky model(s) selected.

Carnivale. all those street parties have folks painted for the event was the other reference. Again you can look that up if you need to. Being in a place with photography is skewing your outlook on this one I think

The assertion that any commercial speaker company is writing "white papers" to obtain funding is simply laughable. At Altec, we would share information at times with other manufacturers who utilized our products from a technical perspective, but it wasn't to obtain research funding for new products. It amazes me how many who have no exposure to the industry can make such statements, and assert those positions as authoritative. (SMH)

The assertion that any commercial speaker company is writing "white papers" to obtain funding is simply laughable. At Altec, we would share information at times with other manufacturers who utilized our products from a technical perspective, but it wasn't to obtain research funding for new products. It amazes me how many who have no exposure to the industry can make such statements, and assert those positions as authoritative. (SMH)
You seem to suggest that speaker companies behave differently from companies in other industries. White papers are part of many companies' funding strategy. They aren't used to obtain funding directly, but unquestionably provide indication of engineering effort, expertise, market leadership, technical capability, and so on. Demonstrating these qualities is certainly helpful for obtaining funding, whether from funding agencies or sales.

You seem to suggest that speaker companies behave differently from companies in other industries. White papers are part of many companies' funding strategy. They aren't used to obtain funding directly, but unquestionably provide indication of engineering effort, expertise, market leadership, technical capability, and so on. Demonstrating these qualities is certainly helpful for obtaining funding, whether from funding agencies or sales.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha **takes breath** hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

While I have not taken sides in the great fuse debate, I do know for a fact that my system sounds better when I take into account the earth's magnetic field...and BTW when the gas tank on my car is half full, no more, no less and it must be backed into the garage, not pulled in.

And of course changes in the earth's gravity cause me no end of issues...

And that is just the beginning, it is with may little 6 transistor AM pocket radio.

All of this is just so con fuse ing.

This is how you interact in a forum?
:rflmao: <------- Same idea.:bs: <------- Same idea. :wtf: <------- Same idea. I just expressed it non-emoticon. Sorry you don't like that. (SMH) Do you complain to everyone who uses the emoticons too? :crazy:

Last edited:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha **takes breath** hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Excellent refutation of my points. Your presentation of compelling evidence and logical argument is most impressive. I think it was the fifteenth "ha" that I found particularly cogent, but the third and twenty-third were also unusually potent.

I work with university colleagues whose job it is to help companies obtain funding to expand technically or expand into new markets. One of the things often looked at by both the academic consultants and funding bodies are white papers, because they provide -- as I mentioned before -- clear indication of engineering effort, expertise, market leadership, technical capability, and so on. These are just some of the bases for criteria that determine which funding avenues are appropriate to pursue, and which companies are likely to get funded.

Whilst it's possible Altec Lansing never pursued funding from funding bodies, could it be that you weren't aware of it or it was before your time?

They certainly were once known for publishing excellent technical white papers, some of which have been gathered up at http://alteclansingunofficial.nlenet.net/publications/techletters/index.html

:rflmao: <------- Same idea.:bs: <------- Same idea. :wtf: <------- Same idea. I just expressed it non-emoticon. Sorry you don't like that. (SMH) Do you complain to everyone who uses the emoticons too? :crazy:

Just trying to give you a chance to dial it back. Obviously it was a waste of time.

Just trying to give you a chance to dial it back. Obviously it was a waste of time.
I already stated it was laughable on it's face. And it is. This thing called trade secrets and patents kind of stands in the way... You think Joe Finance or Bob Investor cares about a technical white paper? Let me be just brutally honest, they don't care about any white paper, they care about their green paper. What's you liability and collateral. What's the return on investment. What's your line 32 on a standardized P&L.

I already stated it was laughable on it's face. And it is. This thing called trade secrets and patents kind of stands in the way...

No, its not laughable for every company. A big company has less need obviously to publish a white paper in order to get funding for a new project. But a smaller (or a one person operation) company often times publishes new theories in order to get funding to get the theory turned into reality. If you dont know that, I dont know what to tell you. As as was posted above, Altec has indeed posted white papers in the past, something you said they have not done, so I would check your facts a bit more closely.

No, its not laughable for every company. A big company has less need obviously to publish a white paper in order to get funding for a new project. But a smaller (or a one person operation) company often times publishes new theories in order to get funding to get the theory turned into reality. If you dont know that, I dont know what to tell you. As as was posted above, Altec has indeed posted white papers in the past, something you said they have not done, so I would check your facts a bit more closely.
If you were to release any internal document, especially from Engineering, that is immediate termination. Sorry. We published Engineering spec sheets on products. That does not contain information concerning the many patented design information or internal information considered trade secret. And none of it, was used for any type of purpose as is being peddled here. Get real. This is now becoming an argument about an argument. For no other reason than you don't like my response. I have better things to do with my day than this...

I already stated it was laughable on it's face. And it is. This thing called trade secrets and patents kind of stands in the way... You think Joe Finance or Bob Investor cares about a technical white paper? Let me be just brutally honest, they don't care about any white paper, they care about their green paper. What's you liability and collateral. What's the return on investment. What's your line 32 on a standardized P&L.
Funding agencies will generally examine the technical output of companies they're considering funding, and employ or hire technical experts to do so, and they will certainly look at white papers among other indications of capability.

I'm sorry I asked...:(. But in an email from the company rep, he explained that these fuses...used in the AC path... basically filter noise from the supply current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom