Fuses for Sansui 3000a?

BoobSacamano

Hey AK, I'm pretty new at this so cut me some slack if this is a dumb question. Where can I find appropriate fuses for this receiver? Every 125v/4A fuse I can find is 5x20mm. These fuses are 6x24mm. Can I just put the 5x20s in there anyway?

Also if anyone has some advice on what caused the fuses to blow aside from checking the output transistors that would be cool. Is this thing worth fixing? Sounded amazing through the one channel but I read on another forum they're speaker destroyers. My main speakers are JBL L96s and you can't really find cones for those anymore and the tweeters are ~$100 a piece so I'd prefer to keep them intact.

Thanks for any help.

there is some discussion on here about that receiver, if you haven't searched then you should. here's one link I found that contains the service bulletin that addresses the receiver destroying your speakers http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-3000a-restoration.728452/ . I would say if your new fuses fit without being lose or stretching the holders then they will be fine, but if you have blown fuses then just replacing them probably won't bring it back to life. In my opinion it is worth fixing, I have one of these myself. you should do the service bulletin if it hasn't been done already. If the fuses are blown I would check the output transistors of course, and the transistors immediately behind them. check out the service bulletin and consider whether or not you can do it.

Here's a picture of what I did, got some fuse holders for the smaller fuses, took the clips off, put those in the original holders and used the smaller fuses. Have to look closely to see this. Note this receiver has not been modified. Picture 3000aoe. By all means replace the diodes on the driver amp board, prone to failure and will sure cause stuff to burn up. Second picture is a 3000a (3000amod) with the modifications, big capacitors added to protect speakers. 3000aoe.JPG 3000amod.JPG

Here's a picture of what I did, got some fuse holders for the smaller fuses, took the clips off, put those in the original holders and used the smaller fuses. Have to look closely to see this. Note this receiver has not been modified. Picture 3000aoe. By all means replace the diodes on the driver amp board, prone to failure and will sure cause stuff to burn up. Second picture is a 3000a (3000amod) with the modifications, big capacitors added to protect speakers. View attachment 979932 View attachment 979934

Hey Tom, just saw this. Thanks for the advice. I'll take a closer look asap and get to work. I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom