FYI: There is a full set of original MC275 tubes offered on the...

Dr. Ears

Colorado Springs Craiglist with original Genealex & Telefunken tubes in a nice wooden box, asking $2,250.

I have no affiliation, but I have never seen anything like this.

I remember buying a REALLY nice quartet of Genelex KT-88s from a gentleman with a pair of Dynaco MKIII amps for $100 in the '95 or so and thinking that was a pretty good deal . . . crazy what some of this stuff has appreciated to.

I remember buying a REALLY nice quartet of Genelex KT-88s from a gentleman with a pair of Dynaco MKIII amps for $100 in the '95 or so and thinking that was a pretty good deal . . . crazy what some of this stuff has appreciated to.
Beats the heck out of my 401.
I'm thinking of rolling over my 401k into Rickenbacker guitars.

That was almost 25 years ago. And these fine tubes, as rugged and long-lasting as they are, don't last forever. Supply is dwindling. Luckily the new production Gold Lions are also pretty good, and Mac amps don't seem to be as sensitive to various tubes as other amps. Having said that, I do still slightly prefer the sound of these old GEC/Genelex KT88's or TT21 tubes to any others I've tried.

I have a NOS quad of GE 6550a's that I am saving for I don't know what.........

Back
Top Bottom