g-5000 will not power up, previously running fine

DSC_5021.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
How much is it reading? How much voltage? The 125v fuse should be F 604. That's the fuse for the main power into the transformer. The three 250v fuses are the outputs from the transformer. If there is no power at those fuses, either the transformer isn't working or the wires into or out of the transformer are disconnected. Please post pictures of the power selector and the connections from the transformer to the circuit boards.

- Pete

Life got it in the way..finally getting back to working on this...

Reading at the 125v fuse (F 604) is 14.7, still getting nothing at the other 3 fuses, not sure if any of these pictures help at all, thank you
iAYFKn

DSC_5021.jpg[
DSC_5021.jpg
[/url] image hosting facebook[/IMG]

DSC_5025.jpg

DSC_5024.jpg

DSC_5023.jpg

DSC_5022.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have any additional troubleshooting steps I can take to try and figure out what could be wrong with the unit? Summary is that it will not power up at all, was previously running fine. It is passing power through the switched rear outlet, the 4 fuses test OK when checked out of series, I get a voltage reading at the 125v fuse (F 604) of 14.7 but nothing at the other 3 fuses. Thanks.

I was measuring it incorrectly, I am getting a reading at the 125V, 6a fuse but not at any of the other 3 250V, 1a fuses

Reading at the 125v fuse (F 604) is 14.7, still getting nothing at the other 3 fuses, not sure if any of these pictures help at all, thank you

I assume you are in the USA? - if you are, you should measure between the white wire (Mains Negative = black meter probe) and the black wire (Mains Live = red meter probe). Keeping the black probe where it is, and measuring with the red probe 'before the mains switch', 'after the mains switch'. 'after the fuse' and then by reading the schematic, measure 'at the transformer connections' - this will determine if mains power is getting to the transformer.

These checks if carried out correctly will tell us if mains power is getting to the transformer, it's beginning to seem like it isn't, but we need to make sure if it is, or where it is getting lost.

Above all
Be careful, you will be measuring mains voltage and it can kill you.

Back
Top Bottom