G-7000 LED Question

ranukic

Hello,

I did poke through the bulb Q&A but did not see about LED's.

I just picked up my G-7000 and love it. I should be getting a pair of Infinity monitor jr's this next weekend that I hope will enhance my audio experience. But tonight as I was listening to some vinyl and watching the power meters dance as I realized that the lighting could use a little enhancement. I removed the case and wondered how LED bulbs would look. I also noticed that the dial only has one light on the left side but saw that the right side was prepped to accept a light. So I also wondered if adding a LED to the right would be too much light or if it would balance the light across the dial.

I started to look online but there are so many choices and when you read into some reviews the biggest complaint is how the LED flickers. I looked at some pictures of G series that have been updated with LED's and I am attracted to the blue light on the power meters but was wondering if I could put bright with lights on the dial. My goal is to not take away from the name plate. Does mixing LED colors work? Does anyone have a suggestion for a LED that wont produce a flicker/strobe display?

Thanks for reading,

James

I like how they look, and no flickering for me. (sorry for the bad picture). I'm using cold white leds.
CIMG9540.JPG

Back
Top Bottom