G-7000 questions

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by ranukic, Sep 11, 2017.

1. ranukic

ranukic Member

Hey,

I was listening to my G-7000 the other night set on AUX and decided to flip over to phono but I didn't turn off the device that was feeding the AUX. As I was loading the album I notice that the AUX was leaking through from AUX to phono. Has anyone run into this before?

Also, I am considering recapping this unit. Does anyone have schematics with a detailed BOM? What brand caps would you recommend?

Thanks,

James

2. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music

Yes the leaking is normal, you will get crosstalk as whatever your line level device is, will be outputting a lot more level than the intended level these amps were designed around. They normally work on a 250mV RMS standard or thereabouts, and some of the newer devices will be over 1V RMS.
    I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as a cap list goes, you might get lucky with another member having one, but essentially with all the inconsistencies, its better to just jot down a list by looking at the unit itself.....

3. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

+1
    And regarding 'capacitor brands' read a few reconditioning threads - like those by AK member 'Leestereo' there are many others - however, there is so much debate and controversy on this subject that it may be best for you to make your own decision on this, after reading those threads. (NB: do not use the values marked on the schematic as a shopping list, best to do as Kev says and note the values in your unit now).

ranukic likes this.