G-7000 questions

ranukic

Hey,

I was listening to my G-7000 the other night set on AUX and decided to flip over to phono but I didn't turn off the device that was feeding the AUX. As I was loading the album I notice that the AUX was leaking through from AUX to phono. Has anyone run into this before?

Also, I am considering recapping this unit. Does anyone have schematics with a detailed BOM? What brand caps would you recommend?

Thanks,

James

Yes the leaking is normal, you will get crosstalk as whatever your line level device is, will be outputting a lot more level than the intended level these amps were designed around. They normally work on a 250mV RMS standard or thereabouts, and some of the newer devices will be over 1V RMS.
I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as a cap list goes, you might get lucky with another member having one, but essentially with all the inconsistencies, its better to just jot down a list by looking at the unit itself.....

its better to just jot down a list by looking at the unit itself.....

+1
And regarding 'capacitor brands' read a few reconditioning threads - like those by AK member 'Leestereo' there are many others - however, there is so much debate and controversy on this subject that it may be best for you to make your own decision on this, after reading those threads. (NB: do not use the values marked on the schematic as a shopping list, best to do as Kev says and note the values in your unit now).

Back
Top Bottom