g-7500

hardrock

picked this up at a thrift store 10$.works excellent except for the phono,no sound-no joy.any common faults in the phono section of a sansui g-7500?

The G-7500 is a very nice receiver. There is no common troubles that I know of regarding its phono section. Maybe its just something like a loose connection behind the switch when its switched to Phono. $10 for a G-7500 is an outright steal- Congratulations. I have a G-5500 in my collection that I am fond of, one of my earliest Ebay purchases- its in great condition, doesnt have the cool-looking power meters though as the 7500 does.

What's wrong with the phono section? Have you tried putting a low level input to the Mic input? Both usually share the same amp.

If both are completely dead, some body probably over drove it with high level input.

Try cleaning the RCA jacks, low level inputs can be greatly affected by dirty contacts. I'd also clean the fuction switch and tape loop switch at least. Amazing what cleaning controls can do for these old units.

Good news is phono amps are simple and parts are cheap, so it should be to expensive of a fix.

X

Back
Top Bottom