G-8000 arrived today!

Morden2004

Relaxin'
My Sansui G-8000 receiver arrived today on the Brown truck.
The seller had packed the unit using foam-in-place and there was not a scratch or mark anywhere!

I had no idea that this unit looked so good!

And, I have pulled something in my groin from trying to get it from the floor onto my bench. :mad:

And...... it friggin' well works! Everything. 100% No noisy pots. There was a moment at the start when the right channel was about 50% of the left - I had a minor stroke. But the Tone Defeat switch was a bit dirty and after a quick cleaning we're cooking on both channels!

And all the meters work. And all the lights work. And... and....

Do you get the feeling I'm :grnbounce?

:yippy:

Paul (now a 2 Sansui family)

You can imagine how I felt when I spotted my pristine G-9000 sitting on a Goodwill shelf for sixty bucks. Need I say more? :D

$60 !?!? :grumpy:

Now that's a deal.

I open my G-8000 today to do the balance and current adjustments. It was almost dust free and look like new.

One owner - a little old lady who only powered it up on Sundays and never in bad weather! :D It actually was a one owner unit.

Balance is now L: -0.05, R: 0.15 and current is spot on.

Everyone who has seen this unit can't believe how gorgeous this thing is. Sansui must have pretty well hit their peak with the G-series (appologies to Quad-Bob).

Paul

They're definitely handsome units...congrats! Though that G-9000 for $60 is a kick-butt score too! I'd faint if I saw a deal like that. Though I can't complain about my $4 6060 :)

TP

Back
Top Bottom