G-Series Room Placement?

Zeke

Demi-God of Brilliant BS!
Subscriber
I've spent months trying to find an audio rack that will both hold a G9000DB and place it somewhere other then "ankle level". What are you other G-Series owners doing about the situation? Currently, my unit is setting on a table in the middle of my living room: not very photogenic.

1. Weight is a concern.
2. Most racks just aren't large enough.
3. Big, weight-bearing, racks are merely 3' tall.

I'm desirous of placing my receiver where it can be adjusted comfortably by a standing human (waist level?) with a CD player somewhat higher. Any ideas?

Yep visit AK'er Wardswebs website here
and build one of his racks with the allthread rods and MDF shelves. Its easy to build and solid as a rock.

Mike

Wardsweb,Proac_Fan & Zeke

I have the same problem with my G22k...

Thats a pretty sweet looking rack setup :yes:

Gonna have to remember that one. It'd make a great winter project.

Might even see if I can tweak it a bit. Maybe add a little tubing in between for a little depth and color. I have a local paint shop that does great powder coating fairly reasonably in every color imaginable. Might be fun to see what I can come up with.

Thanks Guys ;)
Army

Look at my avatar. My rack will hold the G series without breaking a sweat. Even at the cieling hieght shelf. :yes:

?

Unfortunately, you guys mistake me for someone with even a modicum of mechanical skills. In fact, I'm famous for actually breaking things worse in my attempts to repair items. In theory, I could fabricate one of these things -- but I'd end up penniless, divorced, frazzled and maimed before I'd completed my "tinker toy from Hell".

$750 pre-fab racks merely leave me penniless and divorced! :p:

Thanks,

Originally posted by WildWest
Look at my avatar. My rack will hold the G series without breaking a sweat. Even at the cieling hieght shelf. :yes:

Hi WW
Did you make it yourself or where can we find something like it?
Looks pretty sweet ;)

Are you sure it can handle 96 lb.s :confused:
My Sansui G-22000 is a heavy weight :eek:

Zeke I know the feeling.... SO has to approve any and all furniture additions in advance :rolleyes:

Regards
Army

Hey Zeke I'm in the same boat. I've been looking to pick up something for my G 22K to reside with no luck.:dunno: My fabricating skills arent too good either. In the meantime, the search continues.

Originally posted by Army
Hi WW
Did you make it yourself or where can we find something like it?
Looks pretty sweet ;)

Are you sure it can handle 96 lb.s :confused:
My Sansui G-22000 is a heavy weight :eek:

Zeke I know the feeling.... SO has to approve any and all furniture additions in advance :rolleyes:

Regards
Army

Yup made it myself. I like the corner unit style. Wanted to be different from the crowd. Wasn't hard to make but a big band saw is in order to cut the shelfs

I don't think it would have a problem handling the 96 lbs. 1 inch MDF shelfs with 1 inch rods.

If you don't mind a slightly industrial look, wire shelving could do the trick. Metro is one brand, www.metro.com

If you go to a place that has the pieces loose, you can get deeper/narrower shelves. You can get shelf liners in several styles, and shelf height is very adjustable.

The poles can be cut down to desired size with a hacksaw, though there's a three-foot height that might be useful.

The pieces (at least the decent near-commercial stuff) are rated to take very heavy weights, and require no tools to assemble.

Have you done a Google search on 'Audio racks', 'Audio furniture', etc..... ?? There must be a ton of sites that sell this stuff Online, I cant imagine if they make racks nowadays to hold large size, big screen TV's, that there arent many suitably sized ones for a G series receiver such as yours.

B/F

My G-8000 is sitting on top of a bar. The Luxman PD-375 TT sits on top of the G-8000. The CD player, cassette deck and DBX unit sits on a shelf under the bar. I hate this arrangement, and it looks tacky, but I don't have the money to buy a rack. Audioadvisor has some racks that should hold it, for reasonable cost, but still out of my reach. I plan to build my own out of 2 x 2 boards with shelves that will be held up by ladder - type supports screwed to the uprights.
Other ideas:
An armoir.
An old chest of drawers. Take the drawers out and put in shelves.
Cinder blocks and boards; remember those, guys?

Back
Top Bottom