G series tuner bulb

palmer67

Has anyone successfully added a bulb to the right end of the tuner face on the mid G series receivers ?

All the examples I’ve seen from the 5000 to 7500 have the braickets for a bulb at the right end but the schematics only show one bulb at the left end .

Thinking of converting to LEDs on a 7500 and would like to add this extra bulb .

Yeah, I think I have seen that before too....Its like they cheaped out on the lower models a little at that time. You might well need the rubber grommet that the bulb sits in.
But its all doable...
I use those generic LED wedge style lamps for the Sansui's unless they are the fuse style of course..
I just changed my old G7700 over to those wedge lamps just a few days ago...

I agree . I’d like to find someone that’s done it before to find out where they connected the leads to for power.

If you have a look at the colour code on the cables going to the existing lamp, you'll be able to follow them back to the source, will just be an unregulated 7V supply, I had to do that recently on a G9000 I was working on as the bulb was there, but someone had cut the wires off for some reason...
Once you find the source, then you can just tack on some more cable to where you need to get it to go....Its usually White and black, or White and red....

Ya each bulb’s set of leads have their own spot on a particular board. I’d like to know if there’s a vacant spot for the leads on the missing bulb . Like where would it have been connected if it was installed at the factory ?

Ya each bulb’s set of leads have their own spot on a particular board. I’d like to know if there’s a vacant spot for the leads on the missing bulb . Like where would it have been connected if it was installed at the factory ?
Probably doesn't matter, it will all originate from the same supply, so you can just work in your solution and make it neat and tidy .... From what I have seen, and i have done a few lamps lately, the G models, for the front illumination, all come back to the same point. Its that way in the G22000, G9000, G7700...

Back
Top Bottom