G5500 issue

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by Ronnie baisden, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Ronnie baisden

Ronnie baisden New Member

Hello all. About five months ago I got ahold of my dads old G5500 receiver that he said was broken and I did some basic cleaning and it worked great. Recently however, when I turn it on with either of my inputs I use, it waits about five or ten minutes before there is a click and sound comes out. When it has been on a while and I turn it off and back on, it only takes about fifteen seconds but this normally was a one to two second delay when I first started using it. I can do basic soldering and testing, it's the troubleshooting that I'm no good at. No idea where to start. This is much more complex than the '65 astrosonic I worked on before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. chevelosm

chevelosm Khosaku Kikuchi's Grandson

If you know how to use a multimeter, try this first. If your not confident, take it to a good tech.
    G-5500.gif

3. Ronnie baisden

Ronnie baisden New Member

Thank you for the reply. I tested the voltage and adjusted down and then went to test the bias and I accidentally touched another leg of the transistor and it sparked and the relay shut off and wouldn't kick back on, so I took it to a guy I know who fixes my screw ups. This one was out of my league I guess. I was confident on a 1965 astrosonic, but with that one, you can see the path clearly and it's not crowded. Thanks again.