G9000 Lights

Wideone

I picked up a G9000db at a good price, easy fix to get it up and going. Thanks to EchoWars post on bias setting, (the guy who fixed it really got in to the information in that post) sounds fantastic. However, all of the new dial and indicator lights burned out in two days. No problem, the guy replaces them again at no charge. Lit up like a Christmas tree. Well, today darkness returned. He used 6.3 volt 150ma bulbs the first time. Higher amperage bulbs the second time. I hate to bother him again. Does anyone know the correct bulb specifications for these, or do I have another issue that needs to be addressed?

Thanks
Randy

dgwojo

Yes, the one on the left in the 7.5 volt jobs looks them.

I have found some 8 volt ones that I think are closer to the "correct" ones.

Thanks
Randy

I have a lot of problems with my G 9000 lights. I had my tech replace them all and in no time they started quiting on me. OH WAIT, then one or two would come back on. WAIT, they are off again and others are on. WAIT, they are all off now. It's wierd I tell ya but I know it's more than the bulb itself. Gonna half to get it back to my guy and see what is up. :dunno:

Originally posted by WildWest
I have a lot of problems with my G 9000 lights. I had my tech replace them all and in no time they started quiting on me. OH WAIT, then one or two would come back on. WAIT, they are off again and others are on. WAIT, they are all off now. It's wierd I tell ya but I know it's more than the bulb itself. Gonna half to get it back to my guy and see what is up. :dunno:
I'd start looking for cold solder joints in the lighting circuit!! :)

dgwojo

Finally got around to taking this thing apart, again.
Re hit all of the lamp wire connections and a full round of new bulbs. Maybe this time it will last awhile. If so, it was worth the effort to check all of the joints.

Thanks

Randy

Back
Top Bottom