So I got this G9000 about a month ago, and I gave it a quick check over and repair when I got it, I don't really have the time to do the full restore at the moment, so I thought I would just go over the driver boards and get those done... I used some FG, Muse, and Panasonic FC caps, and some KSA1220 and KSC2690 to replace those horrible Sony transistors. Also replaced the trimmers of course. This is an early 9000, so there are no fusible resistors in R17 and R20, interesting to note, they must have decided to put them in as a fail safe on later models. Those Sony transistors are fairly stressed which is why I replaced them, and weirdly, they put these plastic tubes over them, great to keep the heat in!! But they also applied that awful glue to them as well. If you have an older G9000 it would be worth checking your boards out, I had to take out some surrounding resistors to clean the glue off. So I put it back together and fired it up, set the bias and DC offset, now I am inspired to do the rest of it soon, I really like working on these big G receivers. Few Pics, you can see that glue crystallising and becoming corrosive. Glue in the plastic tube, glue on the transistor, glue on the surrounding components....hilarious!!