Garbage dumped, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be a police scanner freak. Listened hours and hours at a time. A local business phoned in a complaint about someone using their dumpster for trash. The cops showed, found numerous letters/bills, and after conformation of address with dispatch, paid a visit to the dumper. I believe you can be cited for theft of service.

Could have been blowing on the street messing up traffic, and some lazy "good Samaritan"
saw the first place it could be tossed and trapped from the wind,
assumed it hadn't got far and maybe CAME from the boat
and thus "tossed it back in".

Unless this repeats, I would let it go completely.

I'd chalk it up as unintentional and I wouldn't become concerned unless it happens again. In this day and age, I think if you went up to someone and told them their recyclables ended up on your boat and you found them through blacked out pill bottle labels, it might freak them out if they didn't do it intentionally.

The trash and the bag are gone. The garbage truck was due along any time (relative to 8am) and they're usually not far off the pattern.
Does that stuff end up in the dump, or is it recycled?

Around here we pay a 10 cents(or 25 for litre+ containers) per bottle/can/milk container recycle fee so that beverage containers don't end up in the landfill.
10 (or 25)cents isn't much, but it adds up. Whether I take it to the recycle depot myself, or donate it to some bottle drive.

Anyway, to answer the original question, what I would have done was added it to the recycle pile. And probably parlayed it into a six pack.:rflmao:

Does that stuff end up in the dump, or is it recycled?

Around here we pay a 10 cents(or 25 for litre+ containers) per bottle/can/milk container recycle fee so that beverage containers don't end up in the landfill.
10 (or 25)cents isn't much, but it adds up. Whether I take it to the recycle depot myself, or donate it to some bottle drive.

Anyway, to answer the original question, what I would have done was added it to the recycle pile. And probably parlayed it into a six pack.:rflmao:

Around here we have to segregate the trash three ways. Recyclables, Compostables, and Non-Processibles. Then, as part of our monthly municipal utility bill there is garbage fee whereunder all that gets hauled away. There isn't a bounty on it, other than what would be scrap value of aluminum/metal. But, the nearest place that pays cash for scrap metal is 30 miles so most don't bother.

It went into our recycle bin where it neither cost extra (other than my labor to put it there) nor provided any extra income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom