Garrard dd75 for noob?

HellbillyXII

Hey guys. I want to put together a system, on the cheap (until I know I want to get serious into the hobby) so I have been scouring local sales sites. Found a guy selling a Garrard DD75 that is in “working order”. After some research it seems this will satisfy me as far as sound quality and all that goes for the time being.

So, im looking for something that is relatively easy to get optimized and maintain since Im new to all this and dont want to dump a bunch of money into it just yet. That being said is there any reason I should avoid this particular model? Any quirks or bugs or any reason an inexperienced user should avoid it? Hes asking $100 btw.

Thanks !!

All turntables have quirks and bugs, manual models like the one you are considering generally have fewer things that can go wrong. If it works, then go for it, especially for $100.

As long as it is working, I'd say it's a good buy for £$100. Make sure the speed is steady and that the cueing control stays in the down position when it is supposed to. Other than that, there's not much to go wrong with these and they can perform very nicely.

DD75 is a great TT. Common bugs for it include the cueing, as it may not want to stay down, and the pitch. Mine had the problem with the cueing, but everything else was very good with it. It is also a very attractive table if it comes with the teac wood veneer base.

Great thank ls for the help guys!

Ill check he speed amd cue.

So, this thing is 40 years old was probably not well maintained...

If i wanted to tear this thing down a bit and clean it up is there a guide or tutorial posted somewhere?

I cant seem to find one. Thanks again

Its hard to believe that its that old, but it most definitely is. I'm looking for a tutorial myself so I'll keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom