Garrard Model 30!!!

Cool! My first TT was the Garrard SL-65B, if memory serves. This one looks just a shade older. Have fun with it!

Some pics from the past..Notice the Wine Glass..Wine and music!

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Last edited:
The pictures are just too cool! My first cart was a Shure M91ED and to me it sounded great. Noticed you're right down the road a bit. Do post some pix when it's all cleaned up. :thmbsp:

Gotta love a good old Garrard. I hope I could find a cheap auto-changer with a 78rpm playback someday.

It should not take too much to get her up and running again. They were pretty simple turntables to work on. I had a Garrard years ago (about 22 years ago to be exact), but mine was a cheaper model as it had a different arm as it took the "flipper" stylus cartridge.

The pictures are just too cool! My first cart was a Shure M91ED and to me it sounded great. Noticed you're right down the road a bit. Do post some pix when it's all cleaned up. :thmbsp:

I certainly will.. It has not arrived yet, on its way though.
The M91ED is a Very Nice sounding cart.
I am debating wether to make it the same as my original, with a Mag cart/weight or leave it stock?

Thanks,

The Garrard Model 30 has arrived safely! Looks a lot better than that picture!

It is in the line for a makeover, and I will post pictures.

Thanks,

Hey John or anyone with some advice,

I just purchased the same TT. I was looking to the same kind of overhaul, but this i my first time. Could you give me some pointers or pics of yours? I think my stylus needs to be replaced, it tends to skip on new and old records. Advice on where to get one?

Thanks!,
Mike

Hey John or anyone with some advice,

I just purchased the same TT. I was looking to the same kind of overhaul, but this i my first time. Could you give me some pointers or pics of yours? I think my stylus needs to be replaced, it tends to skip on new and old records. Advice on where to get one?

Thanks!,
Mike

Hi, I have not rebuilt mine yet. On my original one I replace the whole cartridge to a Moving Magnet type. The one on there is a ceramic cartidge.

Try RadioShack or Ebay NeedleDaddy.

Classic TT..

I wonder if that is my old Garrard . I saved my money in 1969 when I was 17 and bought me one just like that one --The base tells me it is a 1969 model.
Sold it 2 years later when I went in the Air Force.

Hi, I never got around to repair that Garrard yet. Been busy with Life..:music:
Did you ever repair it? I just bought a vintage Grundig console, with this turntable installed. Amazingly, there is not a lot of information out there on the machine. Having a wrestling match with the lever that pulls back to set the tracking force.

Back
Top Bottom