Garrard Model 30!!!

Also, bear in mind the Garrard AutoSlim family changers track 2.5 grams at their lightest. A limitation of the design. A broadcast cartridge is appropriate in this application. Like the Stanton 500 heavy duty or the Shure M 44-7. There should be a Garrard service manual which covers most everything relevant to the mechanism, the AT6 would be what this chassis is based on mechanically.

Also, bear in mind the Garrard AutoSlim family changers track 2.5 grams at their lightest. A limitation of the design. A broadcast cartridge is appropriate in this application. Like the Stanton 500 heavy duty or the Shure M 44-7. There should be a Garrard service manual which covers most everything relevant to the mechanism, the AT6 would be what this chassis is based on mechanically.
I am not worried about destroying my vinyl, which won't happen. I am more concerned with playing it, which will. Additionally, 78's are supposed to track heavy, and some of mine are about 90 years old, and still play units back then tracked even heavier, and the stuff still plays fine.

And you won't harm records on this. But do keep to a cartridge option the arm can handle and play nice with. The suggestions I made for magnetics will work great with this arm, and there's aftermarket 78 options for styli. And giving you service information tips.

And you won't harm records on this. But do keep to a cartridge option the arm can handle and play nice with. The suggestions I made for magnetics will work great with this arm, and there's aftermarket 78 options for styli. And giving you service information tips.
I have nifty ElectroVoice 5028D carts, with the 78/33 switchable styli. Work like a charm!

Have been experiencing an issue now where the player will run fine until about 3/4 of the way into a 78, and then the anti skate, or whatever spring they used, will pull the tonearm outward, almost making a skipping phenomenon. How do I fix this?

Perhaps the tone arm wires are stiff and causing unwanted tracking force problems when inside that area of the record

Perhaps the tone arm wires are stiff and causing unwanted tracking force problems when inside that area of the record
You know, that is a GREAT theory. Someone in another forum told me it's a common issue on this particular TT, as the horizontal movement of the tonearm becomes impeded, caused by the trip link on the cycle cam. But taking the platter apart is NOT something I look forward to doing. I have heard too many nightmares about that ring flying off into vaporland while attempting to pull it up.

Back
Top Bottom