Garrard Synchro - Lab 72B

After looking at it I think I don’t have the sled. I saw one on eBay and it cost almost another $40. I am not sure if I want to spend almost $100 for buying sled and cartridge. What do you think? Thank you for your help

After looking at it I think I don’t have the sled. I saw one on eBay and it cost almost another $40. I am not sure if I want to spend almost $100 for buying sled and cartridge. What do you think? Thank you for your help
I have owned a Garrard SL-72B and I liked it quite a bit and would be happy to have one in my music system. That being said, at $100 investment, I would look carefully at the alternatives.

If I was in your position I would consider the Audio Technica
At95e @ $40 with the sled @ $40 for a total cost of $80. If you wait, you may be able to find a sled a little cheaper.

Last edited:
there's a cheap parts unit on the 'bay that has a sled and cart. Having turntables shipped can be dicey, though.

There's a C-2 sled on ebay for $20.00. I would start with that and then look for a cheap cartridge, one for which styli are plentiful.

These are very good advice. I will take all of your advices and start working on restoring this player. There are some online think this TT will damage the record so I just worry. Thank you so much for your time and I am greatly appreciate it.

These are very good advice. I will take all of your advices and start working on restoring this player. There are some online think this TT will damage the record so I just worry. Thank you so much for your time and I am greatly appreciate it.

If setup properly with a good stylus, it won't damage your records.

Back
Top Bottom