Gas prices......

Night Wolf

White Woofer Night Wolf
0305gasprices-sign05-ON-CR.jpg

As an employee of a very large intergrated oil company, my advice is to just get over it, like what are you going to do about it? walk to work..:p:

Maybe I'll even get well deserved raise in salary this year..;)

Lefty

We need to bomb Iraq and then occupy it or put a puppet regime in place so we can have all their oil!

I'm not one to praise the big oil companies but when you get right down to it gasoline is a lot cheaper in N.America than just about anyplace else. People have no qualms about paying $1/Litre for bloody spring water, while complaining about paying less than .50 per litre for gasoline. I'm pretty sure the refinement costs for crude oil dwarf the refinement costs of spring water. If you wanna see obscene gas prices take a trip to Italy or many other European countries.

Mike

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
Yet people are still buying overpriced, oversized, gas drinking SUV's.

And that's what seperates the USA from the rest of the world :D

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
Yet people are still buying overpriced, oversized, gas drinking SUV's.

damn right...just because a bunch of yuppies drove up the price of a bronco doesn't mean I have to drive a car.

Glad I'm not in the market for a new truck...I'll just keep my Ram in good working condition...I mean heck...I just got the thing paid off two years ago...I figure I'm not due for a new vehicle for another seven years or so.

...and when I do...rest assured...it will most likely be a truck...a big truck...not some little toy truck...a big gas guzzling monster. However, if my income should change or needs...where a truck will not be suffice...then...I will pursue other options that suit me.

Until then...12-14mpg is good enough for me :)

later>>>>>>>>>>

Originally posted by gonefishin

damn right...just because a bunch of yuppies drove up the price of a bronco doesn't mean I have to drive a car.

Glad I'm not in the market for a new truck...I'll just keep my Ram in good working condition...I mean heck...I just got the thing paid off two years ago...I figure I'm not due for a new vehicle for another seven years or so.

...and when I do...rest assured...it will most likely be a truck...a big truck...not some little toy truck...a big gas guzzling monster. However, if my income should change or needs...where a truck will not be suffice...then...I will pursue other options that suit me.

Until then...12-14mpg is good enough for me :)

later>>>>>>>>>>

:bigok:

I've heard estimates of at least 300 years of oil left. So who cares how much we use. What is the point of conserving it if we don't want to be using it in the first place? We should just use it all up and then figure out what to do. Besides, if I live to be 300 years old and we run out of oil, I will be too old and rich to care:D
I am happy if I get 10 miles per gallon these days. I just wonder if it really does cost exactly 10 cents more to make each upgrade of gas? I mean it may cost 8 cents and then they could charge us that, but noooooooooooooooooo........they want all the pennies they can get.......just to give Lefty a raise....it ain't fair I tell ya :p:

....people will pay $1 for a small bottle of water at the store, but complain about paying $1.80 for a gallon of gasoline.....

When you have to buy 10 gallons a day just to go to work, it adds up. When is the last time you ever bought 10 gallons of water at a time, each and every day?

I was saying that becuase you can get water from your sink for free. even if you were to get Brita filters or something similar it's still far cheaper. It is just funny how people wont complane about buying something that you can get for free, I mean it falls from the sky for crying out loud :D

10gallons/day? either your car get's real horrible millage or you work 2-3states from that you live in.

I mean, let's say your car gets 20mpg (nice, even, normal millage for a normal car) 20mpg with 10gallons is 200miles..... that can go a long way.

plus if you worked 100miles from your house, I am sure it's becuase the job would be really good, so you would be making whatever money you spend on gas right back.

Actually I drive a truck. Big and full of work gear, so 10 mpg is a good deal for me. I used to drive a rig that got 5 miles per gallon...that was a lot of fun. As a contractor there are days where all I do is drive 40 miles one way just to meet with a customer who then says no thanks, or lets wait till next spring. Ya never get that gas back :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom