Gear & a good Story

johnny_fever

Sansui Addict. No Serious. Not Kidding.
Subscriber
Most of my collection has some type of cool history/story the seller is willing to share. Soldiers, UAW workers, Teachers. Ect Ect. I recently got a call from a woman who wanted to get rid of some old equipment in her basement. I went to her house and we chatted for like 90 min about everything. On my way out with my new Technics SA-300 Receiver I asked her about a picture on the wall. She said O thats my son. He's the Drummer for Cheap Trick. She claimed her kids pitched in for her stereo. And the band would crank tunes & Party in the basement. I guess her other kids went on to become a surgeon and a Lawyer. What a neat woman & story. Later Fever

Last edited:
Most of my collection has some type of cool history/story the seller is willing to share. Soldiers, UAW workers, Teachers. Ect Ect. I recently got a call from a woman who wanted to get rid of some old equipment in her basement. I went to her house and we chatted for like 90 min about everything. On my way out with my new Technics SA-300 Receiver I asked her about a picture on the wall. She said O thats my son. He's the Drummer for Cheap Trick. She claimed her kids pitched if for her stereo. And the band would crank tunes & Party in the basement. I guess her other kids went on to become a surgeon and a Lawyer. What a neat woman & story. Later Fever

Very cool!

The husband & wife were so Interesting I bought my wife back for a visit. Over the course of the 60 yr marriage they built a 23 room western town in the back yard. The producers of Gun Smoke shared the Blue Prints. So they built a perfect replica. Each room is filled with time appropriate antiques. Again vary interesting people. Later Fever

Fast forward update. I recently got around to powering up the old receiver and it turned out perfect. Over the years I thought it would be cool to contact Bun E and give him back his moms Stereo. I got that opportunity tonight while his band was playing in Rockford. I got to share the story and return the receiver. I stayed for the first set and I can tell you he still cranks on the drums. Fever

@johnny_fever
In your second last post you said, "I bought my wife back ... "
Why on earth did you sell her in the first place, then?
Or, maybe it was just a typo ...

Love Cheap Trick tho. Saw them at a small, intimate venue with Alice Cooper as well, 5 or 6 years back, with my youngest daughter.
They were great. One of the best, long-term lead singers in the biz.

Back
Top Bottom