Gear rack/stands

here what i have my gear on now, i built them both, and both are made out of solid hardwoods. not sure what i am going to do with the 909 i don't like it on top of my rack. the turntable and CD player work well on the lower cabinet i made to go under the TV. i love wood working so i am sure things will change and evolve......

Attachments

• IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 933
well it's been a while so I guess I'll show off again. Mine is all built in makes it a PITA to change things or to fix things but all and all works out beautifully

Shrine2008JanRackatnightcloseup011w.jpg

Shrine2008Jan013.jpg

Shrine2008JanTToverallview017ww.jpg

Shrine2008JanNarrowcabinetww.jpg

Shrinefilecabinet002web.jpg

Shrine2008JanShrineunderflash001ww.jpg

Well seeing as my Gear is mostly 70's Vintage I went for the same period of Stands. I have 3 70's Gusdorf enclosed glass door Stands:):thmbsp:

Attachments

• MAIN.jpg
    MAIN.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 756
  • 85 WATTS.jpg
    85 WATTS.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 755
well it's been a while so I guess I'll show off again. Mine is all built in makes it a PITA to change things or to fix things but all and all works out beautifully

Shrine2008JanRackatnightcloseup011w.jpg

Shrine2008Jan013.jpg

Shrine2008JanTToverallview017ww.jpg

Shrine2008JanNarrowcabinetww.jpg

Shrinefilecabinet002web.jpg

Shrine2008JanShrineunderflash001ww.jpg

You've got talent, I especially love the TT goodies!

Pics added. Haven't had much time to listen to it since i set it up last night. Stand is sturdy. I would say there is over 120lbs on the bottom shelf.

jonsstuff3002.jpg

jonsstuff3001.jpg

Pics added. Haven't had much time to listen to it since i set it up last night. Stand is sturdy. I would say there is over 120lbs on the bottom shelf.

jonsstuff3002.jpg

QUOTE]

Nice! And piano black.

Just out of courisity, where did you get your rack???

If I ever got a 'side by side' rack, that would be the one.

Last edited:
At best buy believe it or not. It was on sale for 109.99 i think it normally sels for around 180-200.00. It says it can support 300 ibs.

At best buy believe it or not. It was on sale for 109.99 i think it normally sels for around 180-200.00. It says it can support 300 ibs.

Best Buy...unbelievable! That's really a very nice side by side rack.

It's hard to beat shiny piano black. About 10 years ago I purchased a piano black rack for my wife, a fairly tall one (single stack type) and it's just beautiful, if your into that. It's a quality piece. It's made by Pioneer but no isigina, only says Pioneer on the back. Piano black is classy. It sold for $750 I believe but I got it on sale for $350? Maybe it was $400.

(and I thought I got a deal!!) $109! Good score.

Only problem with piano black, as you probably already know...dust.

I don't need one at the moment but I'll check out Best Buy soon and maybe just get one, if they still have them, and put it in the closet for a later day...thanks!!

But a very small price to pay for such a fine looking table!!

Last edited:
I'm doing DIY. I've attached a pic of the frame. Ignore the casters, the design has changed slightly from initial. Frame is aluminum extrusions, and weighs about 70lb by itself. Shelves are 1 1/2 inch thick slate, so the total rack weight is about 500lb, with another 200-300lb of gear on top of that. Materials cost is about $600, though it'd probably be a lot more if the slate wasn't an ex-snooker table that I got for free (paid a few bucks to have the slate cut though). The frame should be at my door early next week.

Attachments

• Rack 2.jpg
    Rack 2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 330
I got this 55" mission style sofa table at a local furniture store. The 30" height is great for playing vinyl LPs. The drawers are great for accessories, and the lower shelf space, too! I got the idea from a picture posted by AK member "Snade."

P1010918.jpg

Another view:
P1020382-2.jpg

Last edited:
OK so maybe you guys can help me out. I've got a 40" wide space I'm trying to find a rack for. I'd like to have space for my receiver and turntable on top, so it'd have to be at least 16" deep. The ikea expedit's won't work because the 2x2 is too small and the 4x2 is too big. Basically it'd be a double-wide rack, like a two-shelf bookcase but deep enough for audio equipment. As far as I know, nothing like this exist, and I've trying to avoid making it myself. This is something like I mean, but it'd have to be a heck of a lot cheaper... (That one's around $4000...)

Right now my turntable is on a vintage record stand and my receiver and cd player are next to it on a rickety night stand..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Double_Sapele-400x353.jpg
    Double_Sapele-400x353.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3,588
Last edited:
Nope.. just a really cool wife.. the JBL's are in the basement now, but we had them in the livingroom for a month or so...

It was a HUGE deal getting to keep them since I had bought them as a flip...

Epic livingroom speakers Simi. I can't fit any larger than my cerwin vega vs-120s in my livingroom/ht set up. Plus they are a pretty close match the rest of the furniture so the wife says they can stay.

Gridslayer, Check out the one above your post. Those can be had all over the place for 400.00 or less and if you are ever not using it for audio it still looks good and can be used for other stuff. You prob. can even find some in the local stores that may work for you.

Back
Top Bottom