Gear rack/stands

But then I'd have no place to set my HD DVR and DAC. :scratch2:

Maybe I should try to track done a piece that is toast that I could just use for the shell :screwy:

I picked this up for $10 at a thrift store. Pretty versatile and I liked the clean lines...

6693297849_f9becedba6_z.jpg

This is what I have been using for the past 15+ years. Cheap spit and saw dust wrapped in plastic. However, I have now outgrown it and need something bigger. I am looking to stay under $300 and the WAF states it must be partly enclosed. Also, it needs to be on wheels so I can pull it out for wires and cleaning.

Last year. Have since added a TT that has to sit on a TV tray. :no:

stereov40.jpg

About 15 years ago.

stereov30.jpg

RevMen, where/how is the TV mounted? Is it on the console or wall mounted? I am really liking your cabinet and this may work for a high WAF.

Home-made stereo console.

IMG_20110824_093132.jpg

I made it modular so I can just drop in whatever speakers, or amplifier, or whatever other equipment I'm listening to at the time and still maintain high WAF.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JtSFdtozOAI/TWUjJI0TfRI/AAAAAAAAAVk/MZEvFwZTIco/s912/IMG_20110223_090716.jpg[img]

For serious listening time I can pull the speakers out and set them on stands to the sides of the console.[/QUOTE]

Hyfi... your system looks great. Looks like it sounds great, too. Lots of really nice setups on here.

Guys
This post pertains but a tiny bit off topic, I found a few of these racks at the thrift, NIB.
They are current at Ikea, what is cool is they will hold alot of music and not take up much space and are configurable. They will mount vertically or horizontally.
Im thinking wow I can cram more crap into a small space. And they look pretty darn good.
bob

I had some of those and changed my mind on them...but now I'm thinking I might need them for CD storage again. They're super cheap!:banana:

RevMen, where/how is the TV mounted? Is it on the console or wall mounted? I am really liking your cabinet and this may work for a high WAF.
It's wall mounted. I intended for the console to be an inch and a half shorter so there's more room under the TV, but I couldn't find shorter feet (and I had already built the rest of it).

I'm late on this one, but I have to say you guys have some fantastic gear racks. What I like to use (and can afford) are the commercial chrome wire racks, which I even found in white on clearance at Lowes for my living room system. Affordable, adjustable and very heavy-duty.

Attachments

• TV stand 01.jpg
    TV stand 01.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 531
  • Equipment rack view.jpg
    Equipment rack view.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 539
My $500 cabinet with 100% WAF. Found it on CL, had to totally disassemble it (10 pieces) to get it down two flights of stairs in a townhouse. The center door and mirror weigh 80# alone.

Closed:

ST1.jpg

Open:

ST2.jpg

The left side is the current Sansui system (AU,TU717, SE7, SC1330). The right side houses two spare Sansuis (AU719, TU717, AU/TU417), plus the hard liquor above. The center section has a small bar area in the middle, with the upper linen drawers used as a wine rack, and the lower drawers for storage.

I love to show it off, as you can see!:thmbsp:

My $500 cabinet with 100% WAF. Found it on CL, had to totally disassemble it (10 pieces) to get it down two flights of stairs in a townhouse. The center door and mirror weigh 80# alone.

Closed:

ST1.jpg

Open:

ST2.jpg

The left side is the current Sansui system (AU,TU717, SE7, SC1330). The right side houses two spare Sansuis (AU719, TU717, AU/TU417), plus the hard liquor above. The center section has a small bar area in the middle, with the upper linen drawers used as a wine rack, and the lower drawers for storage.

I love to show it off, as you can see!:thmbsp:

That is way cool i like that alot!!!!

thought i'd throw my latest patio rack into the mix. made from 3 Ikea Lack tables at 7.99 each.

Attachments

• 0124121943.jpg
    0124121943.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 715
  • 0124121945b.jpg
    0124121945b.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 611
  • 0124121945.jpg
    0124121945.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 808
Retro, that is just wonderful, just wonderful.
(Yellow pine floor?)

Thank you.

Yeah, I figured because of the rarity of the wood, I'd get those floors refinished. You see, I own a very old house (1915 or so) and the wood floors are actually fur, which pretty much, as far as flooring goes, doesn't exist anymore. The whole house is loaded with fur, from the whole main floor, the whole upstairs, the stairwell, the trim around the windows, to the built-in hutches between the dining room & the living room. It was one of those woods that, prior to the 1940's was used, and over-used in a lot of houses. Damn near extinct.

Here's a couple of older pics right after I remodled all of the main floor area:

pa130118.jpg

pb090016.jpg

pb090038.jpg

A lot of that stereo equipment in the pictures is gone, along with that big Sony Trinitron TV

Retro

OK so maybe you guys can help me out. I've got a 40" wide space I'm trying to find a rack for. I'd like to have space for my receiver and turntable on top, so it'd have to be at least 16" deep. The ikea expedit's won't work because the 2x2 is too small and the 4x2 is too big. Basically it'd be a double-wide rack, like a two-shelf bookcase but deep enough for audio equipment. As far as I know, nothing like this exist, and I've trying to avoid making it myself. This is something like I mean, but it'd have to be a heck of a lot cheaper... (That one's around $4000...)

Right now my turntable is on a vintage record stand and my receiver and cd player are next to it on a rickety night stand..

attachment.php

I use a console table from Pottery Barn that was purchased several years ago. It seems like it is just what you're after. Here are a few recent pictures of it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom